+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

More and more pundits picking Giants to win

I was listening to Boomer & Carton (yes, I do like them even though everyone else hates them) and they were interviewing James Brown (from Fox Sports, I believe?). Brown picked the Giants, and I think Boomer did, too. Brown also said that Parcells, when pushed and pushed, picked the Giants, as did Warren Sapp.

I saw on another posting that Skip Bayless (ugh) and Stephen A. Smith picked the Giants as well. I also read in this week's SI an article about the upcoming rematch and the writer (I think his name is Tarver) picked the Giants 27 - 20.

I wish they were all picking against us because I love the doubt and being the underdog, but I thought it interesting that so many are picking the Giants against the dynasty of the past 10 years. I don't think that I've seen or heard a pundit pick the Pats since the beginning of last week.

I'm sure if the Giants lose, you'll have some of these guys (especially Bayless) saying how the Giants didn't even deserve to be there in the first place.

As for JJC7301's expert opinion: 31 - 24, Giants.

Re: A lot of pundits picking us to win

Alot of "experts" are picking us. For once lets hope they get it right.

[quote user="nygsb42champs"]Alot of "experts" are picking us. For once lets hope they get it right.[/quote]

I know, and I don't like it.

Veteran

[quote user="JJC7301"]

[quote user="nygsb42champs"]Alot of "experts" are picking us. For once lets hope they get it right.[/quote]

[/quote]

Everyone picked us in the SF game too

Who else?

Jaws I think, the guy with the beard on The Steelers, Judge, Prisco, Freeman, and two others on CBS.

Michael Silver on Yahoo. I am getting the impression Ralph V is going to pick us from one of his responses to a tweet yesterday where he said he was "All In".

We know Peter King will pick the Patriots.

Who else?

Ringing in the 2012 season!

[quote user="Denaliman316"]Who else? Jaws I think, the guy with the beard on The Steelers, Judge, Prisco, Freeman, and two others on CBS. Michael Silver on Yahoo. I am getting the impression Ralph V is going to pick us from one of his responses to a tweet yesterday where he said he was "All In". We know Peter King will pick the Patriots. Who else?[/quote]

I think Schein may have picked the Giants. If so, the Giants may as well just pack their bags and head home because Schein's endorsement is the kiss of death. There are only 3 things for certain in life:

1. Death

2. Taxes

3. Schein being wrong on his predictions.

Re: More and more pundits picking Giants to win

I was pretty shocked that something like 7 out of 9 writers in the Daily News had picked us to beat the 49ers. Including the guys with the best records on picks for the years. I have to admit that that made me feel more comfortable about the SF game, even though I thought we were going beat them handily.

Re: More and more pundits picking Giants to win

I wish they'd all shut up. Even that idiot Mad Dog on his radio show yesterday (yes, I can't believe I listened to him) said only Vegas is picking the Pats and that's just for money reasons

As long as the Giants know they are underdogs.

All-Pro

[quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="JJC7301"]

[/quote]

Everyone picked us in the SF game too[/quote]

Not on NFL network. I gave grief to Marshall Faulk on Twitter for picking the Giants during a "No Huddle" show and then changing his maind later in the week. Profootballtalk.com morons picked SF as well.

[quote user="JJC7301"]

[quote user="Denaliman316"]Who else? Jaws I think, the guy with the beard on The Steelers, Judge, Prisco, Freeman, and two others on CBS. Michael Silver on Yahoo. I am getting the impression Ralph V is going to pick us from one of his responses to a tweet yesterday where he said he was "All In". We know Peter King will pick the Patriots. Who else?[/quote]

I think Schein may have picked the Giants. If so, the Giants may as well just pack their bags and head home because Schein's endorsement is the kiss of death.* There are only 3 things for certain in life:

1. Death

2. Taxes

3. Schein being wrong on his predictions.

[/quote]

Well Peter King will pick The Pats.

Ringing in the 2012 season!