+ Reply to Thread

Question on Restructuring Contracts

Do you think the Giants will ask Eli, Canty, and Baas to restructure their contracts to save cap room so the Giants can resign their FA players, such as TT, MM, Ross, etc???

It appears that other teams are creatrive and can find ways to be creative and find additional cap room. So why not the Giants?

Re: Question on Restructuring Contracts

They have and do.

[quote user="paul007"]Do you think the Giants will ask Eli, Canty, and Baas to restructure their contracts to save cap room so the Giants can resign their FA players, such as TT, MM, Ross, etc???

It appears that other teams are creatrive and can find ways to be creative and find additional cap room. So why not the Giants?[/quote]

we did as well

we had alot of guys take less on the overall contract for more guaranteed money

I would imagine we would go that route again this time as well

Although Eli already did, Baas who knows, and Canty im not so sure. Becuase if we win, it'll be hard to ask superbowl champions to take less money - especially as our best DT

The Crypt Keeper on ESPN said that Jacobs would have to restructure again or he would more than likely be cut
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="paul007"]Do you think the Giants will ask Eli, Canty, and Baas to restructure their contracts to save cap room so the Giants can resign their FA players, such as TT, MM, Ross, etc??? It appears that other teams are creatrive and can find ways to be creative and find additional cap room. So why not the Giants?[/quote]

The Giants had quite a few guys restructure this past offseason. Off hand I know that BJ, Webby, and Rolle restructured. I can't remember if Eli had, though, but I think he may have. Hell, we cut Bernard because he didn't want to retructure, and then resigned him at a lesser number when he didn't get any takers. But, you can't depend on restructuring as a way to clear cap space, that money will be due at some point anddue to the non-guaranteed nature of contracts players hate to give up any money.

I'm too focused on the Superbowl to provide some postseason analysis/predictions...lol

[quote user="NYGRealityCheck"]I'm too focused on the Superbowl to provide some postseason analysis/predictions...lol[/quote]I totally agree, see me in 10 days. Go Blue!!

All in!!!

No one remembers who came in second.

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="paul007"]Do you think the Giants will ask Eli, Canty, and Baas to restructure their contracts to save cap room so the Giants can resign their FA players, such as TT, MM, Ross, etc??? It appears that other teams are creatrive and can find ways to be creative and find additional cap room. So why not the Giants?[/quote]

we did as well

Although Eli already did, Baas who knows, and Canty im not so sure. Becuase if we win, it'll be hard to ask superbowl champions to take less money - especially as our best DT

The Crypt Keeper on ESPN said that Jacobs would have to restructure again or he would more than likely be cut
    [/quote]yeah I agree Matt its going to take a few years to get a handle on it...probably we will see alot of player movement tell it all levels out... Players won't be reseptive to cuts in pay at first till they realise it won't be there for them somewhere else...But its gonna have to happen for this CBA to work and to keep agood group ofcore players together for stablity. I'm not sure about this CBA working out...time will tell

[quote user="byron"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="paul007"]Do you think the Giants will ask Eli, Canty, and Baas to restructure their contracts to save cap room so the Giants can resign their FA players, such as TT, MM, Ross, etc??? It appears that other teams are creatrive and can find ways to be creative and find additional cap room. So why not the Giants?[/quote]

we did as well

[/quote]yeah I agree Matt its going to take a few years to get a handle on it...probably we will see alot of player movement tell it all levels out... Players won't be reseptive to cuts in pay at first till they realise it won't be there for them somewhere else...But its gonna have to happen for this CBA to work and to keep agood group ofcore players together for stablity. I'm not sure about this CBA working out...time will tell[/quote]

well there is always natural turnover. We are really going to have to rely on a good draft class next year with the new CBA

We are pretty locked up, but we have an issue at CB with Ross and T2 FAs and an issue at WR with Cruz and Manningham as FAs

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="byron"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="paul007"]Do you think the Giants will ask Eli, Canty, and Baas to restructure their contracts to save cap room so the Giants can resign their FA players, such as TT, MM, Ross, etc??? It appears that other teams are creatrive and can find ways to be creative and find additional cap room. So why not the Giants?[/quote]

we did as well

[/quote]yeah I agree Matt its going to take a few years to get a handle on it...probably we will see alot of player movement tell it all levels out... Players won't be reseptive to cuts in pay at first till they realise it won't be there for them somewhere else...But its gonna have to happen for this CBA to work and to keep agood group ofcore players together for stablity. I'm not sure about this CBA working out...time will tell[/quote]

well there is always natural turnover. We are really going to have to rely on a good draft class next year with the new CBA

We are pretty locked up, but we have an issue at CB with Ross and T2 FAs and an issue at WR with Cruz and Manningham as FAs
    [/quote]

Cruz is actually locked up till 2013, although I doubt we don't get a deal with him done in the offseason. I don't see us keep Ross and Manningham, although T2 should be fairly cheap because of his injury. Kareem McKenzie is also up for FA, so that will be something else to look at.

[quote user="VelocityVirus"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="byron"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="paul007"]Do you think the Giants will ask Eli, Canty, and Baas to restructure their contracts to save cap room so the Giants can resign their FA players, such as TT, MM, Ross, etc??? It appears that other teams are creatrive and can find ways to be creative and find additional cap room. So why not the Giants?[/quote]

we did as well

[/quote]

Cruz is actually locked up till 2013, although I doubt we don't get a deal with him done in the offseason. I don't see us keep Ross and Manningham, although T2 should be fairly cheap because of his injury. Kareem McKenzie is also up for FA, so that will be something else to look at.
    [/quote]
    aahhhh

your right, i thought it was up this year

I know for a fact T2 is looking for a bigger deal and expects to come back and get paid. I would love him back but I dont think its going to happen

I thnk McKenzie has to go. Hes really regressed these past few years