+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Giants' GMs

Giants' GMs

Morris82 started a thread on TC and it got me thinking about JR. JR is only turning 49 years old this year. If we win this SB, his job is probably secure for the next 10 years which would be a great thing for this organization.

Assuming he continues to do a great job and being so young, he'll probably be their GM for the next 15 years minimum. That would mean that from 1979 - 2027, the Giants will have only had 3 GMs in Young, Accorsi, and Reese. That is astounding leadership and stability at the top, to go along with the fact that the team has been in the same family since it's inception in 1925.

I thought it said great things about the Giants organization and just wanted to point it out.

Re: Giants' GMs

I really like JR alot. I have always been a big supporter of his. He has a keen eye for talented players that fit the mold of our team. Sometimes his moves surprise us but overall when you break down the moves that were made he has done a fantastic job. No GM is going to be perfect with their moves. You will always have a few players that will not meet expectations but that's how it goes. When you factor in the all injuries this team has had it really shows the talent and depth that JR has developed. Hope he stays and continues to build our team.

Re: Giants' GMs

I agree with everything you said. I can't imagine him going anywhere for a long time. This organization is in excellent hands for a long time to come.