+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Toomer says ’07 Giants wideouts had to be “acrobats”

Toomer, a key member of the Super Bowl XLII championship Giants, said that Eli’s accuracy has improved dramatically over the years, and that his “strike zone” has gotten smaller.

So how bad was it? “We were acrobats,” Toomer said. “We had to be. . . . We didn’t have the chance to catch the ball, turn up field, and get as many yards as we can, because most of the time we were just trying to catch the ball.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...o-be-acrobats/

All-Pro

Re: Toomer says ’07 Giants wideouts had to be “acrobats”

This should be interesting. I'm guessing people will say that Toomer is a liar and he's just jealous of the success our young WRs are having. It's making him look bad. Should I gloat now or gloat later?

Edit: And yes, I'm having fun with this.

They had to be acrobats because they couldn't get any separation and were old as dirt.

[quote user="gumby742"]

This should be interesting. I'm guessing people will say that Toomer is a liar and he's just jealous of the success our young WRs are having. It's making him look bad. Should I gloat now or gloat later?

[/quote]

not sure what would make u gloat?

Nobody said earlier that eli had pinpoint precision. We all agree hes gotten better year in and year out...

but being "acrobats" doesn't take away from the fact that they were balls that had to be caught. Making the play is what is important
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

Veteran

[quote user="Moss#83"]They had to be acrobats because they couldn't get any separation and were old as dirt.[/quote]

Legit point, but I don't think I agree..well I dont totally agree.

Veteran

[quote user="Moss#83"]They had to be acrobats because they couldn't get any separation and were old as dirt.[/quote]

Legit point, but I don't think I agree..well I dont totally agree.

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="gumby742"]

[/quote]

not sure what would make u gloat?

Nobody said earlier that eli had pinpoint precision. We all agree hes gotten better year in and year out...

but being "acrobats" doesn't take away from the fact that they were balls that had to be caught. Making the play is what is important
    [/quote]

Oh? Weren't you the one that said, Eli was accurate because he hits the WRs in the hands? You even admitted that accuracy in your book wasn't very important since for the most part most NFL calibre QBs when given time can hit the WRs in the hands.

Accuracy was one of the few points that were often discussed when i made the simple statement over and over - Eli was inaccurate, inconsistent, and inefficient.

How is he being biter when he has done nothing but support the Giants? The receives now are great, but their was greatness before them. Peps are fickle and forget really quick when things are going well.

Nicks, Cruz, and Ballard have all made acrobatic catches this year. You have to put the ball where only the receiver has a chance to get it but he has to GO GET IT.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

All-Pro

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]Nicks, Cruz, and Ballard have all made acrobatic catches this year. You have to put the ball where only the receiver has a chance to get it but he has to GO GET IT.
    [/quote]

I think it was pretty clear Toomer was talking about throws that were made when they were open and had the opportunity to "turn it up field". Eli has been money all year - putting in places where only his WRs could get it when he does chuck it up. He's been very accurate.