+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

2017 NEW YORK YANKEES THREAD - BABY BOMBERS TAKE OVER!

Sanchez, Bird, Torreyes, Frazier, Severino, Judge, Mateo, Betances, Rutherford, Shefield, Refsnyder, Tate, Torres, Heller, Austin...

Lets kick off the new thread with a prospect I have very high expectations for:

James Kaprielian

Kaprielian makes return
    Yanks' No. 9 prospect getting comfortable after missing most of 2016

Entering the season as the New York Yankees' fourth-ranked prospect, James Kaprielian was looking to make noise in his first full professional season.

He whiffed nine batters in his debut for Class A Advanced Tampa before taking a no-hitter into the seventh inning in his next start and striking out nine in his third outing. Then his elbow starting barking.

Five days after his April 21 start against Dunedin, he was placed on the disabled list with right elbow inflammation. He was diagnosed with a flexor tendon strain in June and wouldn't throw another regular-season pitch, but 6-foot-4, 200-pound right-hander was able to avoid Tommy John surgery.

"For me this was the first time being sidelined, so any time that happens, [Tommy John] crosses into the back of your mind," Kaprielian said. "Fortunately for me, it wasn't something we needed to do or get taken care of. After getting multiple opinions and understanding what was happening, that was the biggest thing. Obviously, as a pitcher, the thought crosses your mind."

With his injury in the rearview mirror, Kaprielian was added to Scottsdale's roster in the Arizona Fall League. He picked up where he left off in April in his first start on Oct. 13, striking out six over three innings of work against Salt River, but the numbers mattered little to the former UCLA standout.

"I just wanted to go out there and not worry about things and just pitch and see how it went," said Kaprielian, now the Yankees' No. 9 prospect. "I attacked it like I would attack any normal game, prepared the way I needed to and fortunately things went well and the team played well. I did have a decent outing and that was the biggest thing -- it felt good to be out there and see the velocity where we wanted it to be."

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp..._milb&sid=milb

Torres, Tate named AFL Fall Stars: Two of Kaprielian's Yankees teammates have been tapped for Saturday's Rising Stars Game. Torres, MLB.com's No. 17 prospect, will represent the East squad as the highest-ranked overall prospect in the game, and right-hander Tate is one of 11 pitchers on the team.
    Last edited by TheAnalyst; 11-03-2016 at 02:06 PM.

I am extremely excited about the future of the New York Yankees!

Gleyber Torres projected to be top prospect #5 in MLB the end of the 2017 season. Here is a list of the Top 10:

1. Victor Robles, OF, Nationals (No. 9)
    Robles might have the best all-around tools in Minors and could be a future .300 hitter with 15 homers and 40 steals per year.
    2. Amed Rosario, SS, Mets (No. 10)
    Rosario batted .341 in two months of Double-A at age 20 and owns four plus tools (everything but power).
    3. Austin Meadows, OF, Pirates (No. 8)
    Meadows does everything well but throw, though where Pittsburgh will squeeze him into its lineup remains to be seen.
    4. Brendan Rodgers, SS/2B, Rockies (No. 5)
    Rodgers slammed 19 homers as a 19-year-old in low Class A and could form a powerful double-play combo with Trevor Story in the future.
    5. Gleyber Torres, SS, Yankees (No. 16)
    The key to the Aroldis Chapman trade for New York, Torres is a very advanced hitter and his defense keeps improving.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/202749...pects-of-2017/

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Gleyber Torres projected to be top prospect #5 in MLB the end of the 2017 season. Here is a list of the Top 10:

1. Victor Robles, OF, Nationals (No. 9)
    Robles might have the best all-around tools in Minors and could be a future .300 hitter with 15 homers and 40 steals per year.
    2. Amed Rosario, SS, Mets (No. 10)
    Rosario batted .341 in two months of Double-A at age 20 and owns four plus tools (everything but power).
    3. Austin Meadows, OF, Pirates (No. 8)
    Meadows does everything well but throw, though where Pittsburgh will squeeze him into its lineup remains to be seen.
    4. Brendan Rodgers, SS/2B, Rockies (No. 5)
    Rodgers slammed 19 homers as a 19-year-old in low Class A and could form a powerful double-play combo with Trevor Story in the future.
    5. Gleyber Torres, SS, Yankees (No. 16)
    The key to the Aroldis Chapman trade for New York, Torres is a very advanced hitter and his defense keeps improving.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/202749...pects-of-2017/
    I wanted Robles bad from the Nationals. I would of done a straight up trade for Miller for Robles

Can we wait until January 1st to start a 2017 thread?? It's November 3rd... This Baby Bomber info could've been posted in the 2016 thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
    Can we wait until January 1st to start a 2017 thread?? It's November 3rd... This Baby Bomber info could've been posted in the 2016 thread!!!
    They forced me to do it! :-)

2016 season is officially over.

It can start now. Cashman is already back at work and so are we . NYY 24/7 365

Quote Originally Posted by SG88 View Post
    It can start now. Cashman is already back at work and so are we . NYY 24/7 365

Yeah, well.. The 365 days hasn't finish yet in year 2016. No reason to start a new 2017 thread when there's two months left in 2016.

Yeah, well.. The 365 days hasn't finish yet in year 2016. No reason to start a new 2017 thread when there's two months left in 2016.
    Everything that happens from this point on is geared for 2017. Why put it in a 2016 thread that will just disappear soon?

Who cares anyways lol

All the news I provide is for the 2017 season.

Besides, the 2016 thread started about this time in 2015 I think

Go Yankees!

Well, fiscal year 2017 for the military started on October 1st. Lol. The fiscal year for plenty of companies has started already as well.