+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
    Does anybody know how to photoshop these two in pinstripes?? lol

[img]http://i1363.photobucket.com/albums/r714/darksaint2/P1250543_zpsflsphdcl.jpg[/img

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
    Does anybody know how to photoshop these two in pinstripes?? lol

Haha

One thing you are consistent on is insisting Harper will be a Yankee. I guess one could dream of the both of them coming to the Bronx.

Imagine this

Frazier - Rutherford - Harper in the Outfield
    Machado - Gregorious - Torres - Bird across the diamond
    Gary at the dish
    Judge the DH

Big Kap opening the season on the bump. Although isnt Kershaw a FA too?

I like it.
    Spin that Webb young Davis

Ernesto Frieri ready to prove himself to Yanks after MLB layoff

TAMPA, Fla. -- After taking a year off to fine-tune his mechanics, Ernesto Frieri says that he has rediscovered his 2013 form, when he recorded 37 saves and was one of the better relievers in the American League.

The Yankees are going to give him the opportunity to prove it. Frieri made his spring debut on Saturday against the Orioles, having signed a Minor League contract this week following a successful stint with Team Colombia in the World Baseball Classic. He pitched the ninth inning, striking out three but giving up the game-winning homer to Aneury Tavarez in the Yanks' 5-4 loss.

"I got my delivery back. I got my deception back," Frieri said before the game. "I proved myself in the WBC; good hitters couldn't hit the fastball. They didn't look that good. Even they talked to me after and they said, 'Dude, man, you're back. I can't pick the ball up.' That's the old Ernie, like three years ago, so I'm really happy about that." Read more.

http://m.yankees.mlb.com/news/articl...prove-himself/
    [img]http://i1363.photobucket.com/albums/r714/darksaint2/P1250543_zpsflsphdcl.jpg[/img

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Haha

One thing you are consistent on is insisting Harper will be a Yankee. I guess one could dream of the both of them coming to the Bronx.

Imagine this

Frazier - Rutherford - Harper in the Outfield
    Machado - Gregorious - Torres - Bird across the diamond
    Gary at the dish
    Judge the DH

Big Kap opening the season on the bump. Although isnt Kershaw a FA too?

I like it.
    well if the Yankees continue to be thrifty spenders for two years, in 2019 when these two are free agents the Yankees will have a lot of cash to spend, these two might just be the beginning we could get a couple of Aces for the rotation and a couple of bullpen arms. and we would still have the kids!

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie Yen View Post
    well if the Yankees continue to be thrifty spenders for two years, in 2019 when these two are free agents the Yankees will have a lot of cash to spend, these two might just be the beginning we could get a couple of Aces for the rotation and a couple of bullpen arms. and we would still have the kids!

+1

It also bears mentioning that Harper & Machado could still be considered as being "kids" themselves at the tender age of 26, in 2019. Even with their many years of experience at the MLB level.

I know it's a long shot, but I'm hoping they will sign both of them. There won't be many All-Stars available for free agency at their young ages anymore. These two guys (Harper & Machado) are the types of FA's to pounce on.

A lot of money will be off the books by then, and they should be able to restart the luxury tax button after the 2018 season. I'm not sure they can do that now, which is why I don't see them being big spenders after this season for 2018. Year 2019 will be "The Year".

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie Yen View Post
    Its crazy but thats what they might be gearing up for.

In 2019 Yanks will have CC, Arod, Headley, Gardner, all off the books. Only have to deal with Ellsburys dumb contract for a few more seasons. Tanaka may be a big contract as well depending on what they do this offseason with him since he can opt out and most likely will for about $25-28m a year. And Im not sure what they plan on doing with Gregorious by then. Its hard to project stuff like this 2 years later. They wont all make it but players like Altuve, Dozier, Segura, Machado, Harper, are all FAs that year.

I know all of them wont make it but you never know.

Problem is what do we do with Castro at this point. He is 26 now and more than likely wont stay at 2nd base. Torres could be coming up THIS SEASON from everything Ive read. He has a decent shot at it. And it will probably be for 2nd base which means Castro shifts to 3rd if Headley is in the stink tank again. Where would MAchado fit in?
    Last edited by TheAnalyst; 03-19-2017 at 08:02 AM.

CC: Yanks' 2017 rotation will surprise people

TAMPA, Fla. -- As the Yankees complete each turn through their spring rotation, CC Sabathia is growing more excited about what the regular season could hold.

Sabathia got his work in with four innings of three-run ball in the Yankees' 5-4 Grapefruit League loss to the Orioles on Saturday, and the veteran left-hander said that he has been impressed by the group of talented starters that the organization has assembled.

"I think it's going to be pretty good. I think we're going to surprise some people," Sabathia said. "I think obviously, we've got the talent in the room. It's just us putting it together, staying healthy and going out to make all our starts."

The Yanks entered the spring with three locks for five spots: Masahiro Tanaka, Michael Pineda and Sabathia. Luis Cessa stumbled in his most recent outing, but Chad Green, Bryan Mitchell, Luis Severino and Adam Warren have continued to make it a tough call for the coaching staff.

Jordan Montgomery, the Yanks' No. 13 prospect according to MLB Pipeline, is also scheduled to make a start on March 23 against the Rays in Port Charlotte, Fla. Girardi said that the starters all did their jobs this week.

"Pretty darned good," manager Joe Girardi said. "I thought they all threw the ball pretty well, so we want that to continue." Read more.

http://m.yankees.mlb.com/news/articl...will-surprise/

Veteran
    Severino is not ready, not even close. He needs to start in triple A. He's being exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by facundogabriel View Post
    Severino is not ready, not even close. He needs to start in triple A. He's being exposed.
    Yeah, I completely agree.

Sucks. We needed him this year.

At this point though Warren, Green, Cessa, Montgomery, are probably all better options.

Quote Originally Posted by facundogabriel View Post

I didn't see the game today. How bad was he?