+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast

2017 New York Mets Thread.....

Alderson says they want to have a better understanding of if the can retain Cespedes by theY end of Winter Meetings. What will happen with Familia? How will the young arms rebound from surgery? What happens with Bruce? 2 playoff appearances in a row, but there are some serious questons surrounding the 2017 version. I'd say last season we were all pleasantly surprised with what Alderson was able to accomplish, can he do it again? Either way, LET'S GO METS!!!

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/2....icle-1.2863177
    https://crackberry.com/sites/crackberry.com/files/styles/w325/public/images/wallpaper_20080105021921_18172263532.jpg?itok=3ohP  HkYs Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

https://crackberry.com/sites/crackberry.com/files/styles/w325/public/images/wallpaper_20080105021921_18172263532.jpg?itok=3ohP  HkYs Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

I'm interested to see how the pitching staff bounces back after a injury riddled 2016. I think Cespedes is done there to be honest.
    Spin that Webb young Davis

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I'm interested to see how the pitching staff bounces back after a injury riddled 2016. I think Cespedes is done there to be honest.
    I fear the same about Cespedes and the pitching is certainly a question mark. The decision not to bring back Colon tells you that they think that Harvey, DeGrom and Matz will be ready to roll and they were more than satisfied with what they saw out of Gselleman and Lugo to let them battle out for the 5th spot and use the other for spot starts and long relief. If they stay healthy they are a top 5 staff IMO. I'm interested to see what happens with Familia, he could be done for a while with this DV situation. Good thing we have Addison Reed under our control. Walker's decision to take his tender and come back is a good deal for us. I see them using Reyes as our 3B this year, I think Wright is done.

This offseason is a complete bust if they don't keep Cespedes. He's the heart and soul of this team, their success depends on his bat being in the lineup. I don't care if it takes a 5th year, I can live with him sucking in the 5th year if he's putting up Yoenis Cespedes numbers for the first 3 or 4.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NAVY2323 View Post
    I fear the same about Cespedes and the pitching is certainly a question mark. The decision not to bring back Colon tells you that they think that Harvey, DeGrom and Matz will be ready to roll and they were more than satisfied with what they saw out of Gselleman and Lugo to let them battle out for the 5th spot and use the other for spot starts and long relief. If they stay healthy they are a top 5 staff IMO. I'm interested to see what happens with Familia, he could be done for a while with this DV situation. Good thing we have Addison Reed under our control. Walker's decision to take his tender and come back is a good deal for us. I see them using Reyes as our 3B this year, I think Wright is done.
    I don't think they decided not to bring Colon back. I think Colon wants to start to break the record. And I also don't think the Mets would pay him $12 mill a year out of the pen.

All-Pro
    I think Cespedes will be back. It's the starting pitching I am more worried about.

Quote Originally Posted by DandyDon View Post
    I think Cespedes will be back. It's the starting pitching I am more worried about.
    4 years $110m. WOW. $27.5m per
    Spin that Webb young Davis

All-Pro
    4 years $110m. WOW. $27.5m per
    Nice. Lets hope he earns it.

Me too, on both counts