+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 73 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 New York Mets Thread.....

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue58 View Post
    Just keep using that pitching carousel Collins, it's working really well!
    Great idea.....scheduled "set up men" and "closers".....wonder why they didn't think of that back in the day? Oh yeah....because its ****ing stupid!!!
    Retired pitchers, HOF pitchers, all say to a man, that the attempt to "protect" a pitcher from injury by limiting their pitches is having the opposite effect.
    Taking out a pitcher who is not in any trouble is just dumb!!
    Taking out the reliever whois not in trouble, who is pitching for the starter who wasn't in trouble is beyond dumb!!!!!!
    Not for nothing, and I am just as frustrated as anyone here, but I don't know how you can blame this on Collins. He isn't one of the starters that can barely go 5 innings. He isn't one of the relievers that are throwing BP.

And Collins can't help the non-contributions of Reyes and Grandy, who aren't even hitting their own weight, and Cespedes, D'arnaud, and Duda who have played less than half the games.... and Lugo, and Matz, and Thor, and a sensitive mental midget in Harvey.

It is getting to the point that I want us to get no-hit.....often. But, every time I look up the score, there is usually that "one" hit around the 5th or 6th inning.....usually by one of the Rivera's!

Wheeler lasting just 6 innings has to up that to at least 7 but he needs to stop walking batters. Collins had no choice to pull him last night but I don't absolve him and his poor using of the pitchers in general.

How does Robles still have a job???

We need to crater more for change to be brought about, the Mets aren't bad enough yet to make that happen. We have around five position players that have no business being a starter, time to bring up the kids, sell this Summer and rebuild a better offense........players hitting for average and a small-ball mentality.

This team blows. I almost want to go tomorrow night A) to see Mike Trout play in person and B) to boo this team mercilessly when they trot out onto the field.

I'm officially in the "I don't care" mode. The Mets aren't 1 or 2 pitchers away from being competitive. They're 4 or 5.

All-Pro
    Watched part of the game last night. OMG Conforto is just on fire.

Harvey struggled again, threw 100 pitches in 5 innings. He wasn't real bad, gave up 3 hits and 2 runs but his velocity was down again and still cant locate his pitches, especially in later innings.

Hopefully we can pick up some ground against the Padres and Pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by darrin99 View Post
    I'm officially in the "I don't care" mode. The Mets aren't 1 or 2 pitchers away from being competitive. They're 4 or 5.
    Sad state to start year with what was viewed as the strongest and best staff in MLB to get to the point were at now with no Matz or Thor. Jacob only one that give you a decent start from time to time and even he gets blown up. Wheeler and Harvey never lived up to hype or never really fully recovered from their injuries. The newer guys all stink. Oh and no Fam even though he was terrible. BP a joke as well
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Mets are 5 games under .500 a little passed the quarter pole, it's a long season. Also, Conforto has been a revelation. I don't see the pitching being any worse than it's been. This is like calling a football season over at 2-2. Hang in there fellas.
    https://crackberry.com/sites/crackberry.com/files/styles/w325/public/images/wallpaper_20080105021921_18172263532.jpg?itok=3ohP  HkYs Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Quote Originally Posted by NAVY2323 View Post
    Mets are 5 games under .500 a little passed the quarter pole, it's a long season. Also, Conforto has been a revelation. I don't see the pitching being any worse than it's been. This is like calling a football season over at 2-2. Hang in there fellas.
    It's like being 2-2, and finding out your QB for the next 8 weeks is gonna be Geno Smith instead of Eli.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NAVY2323 View Post
    +1.

+ Reply to Thread