+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    4 years $110m. WOW. $27.5m per

So much for that.....

That's a lot of money for a 50 year old.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    ??

Quote Originally Posted by DandyDon View Post
    Nice. Lets hope he earns it.
    He will have to be in the MVP race for that. I didn't think he would get that much. Maybe a 5 year $110m. lol
    Spin that Webb young Davis

YOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about. He took a discount to stay. He easily could have gotten upwards of Upton's 6 year deal as the best FA on the market. Get real. Mets are lucky as hell. I'm happy as hell. And Walker signed his tender. We may even be able to ship out Bruce for either a quality pitching prospect or a catcher(even better).
    https://crackberry.com/sites/crackberry.com/files/styles/w325/public/images/wallpaper_20080105021921_18172263532.jpg?itok=3ohP  HkYs Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasman View Post
    So much for that.....

Nah this is a great signing. Without Cespedes bat we can forget about competing next year. Welcome back YC.

110 million for a guy who jogs triples into doubles,and doubles into long singles? You guys aren't winning anything with Cespedes!
    If your GM had half a brain he would have kept Murphy and let Cespedes walk!
    You would have gotten as much power for less money , and Murphy is clutch and hustles too. I swear you guys are the Jets of baseball lol!!!
    "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Great news on Yo!

SO pumped right now. Cespedes was the heart and soul of this team. We needed to keep him.

I might go to Port St. Lucie this year.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NAVY2323 View Post
    I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about. He took a discount to stay. He easily could have gotten upwards of Upton's 6 year deal as the best FA on the market.
    I agree. The extra year is what the mets absolutely didn't want and everyone expected some other team to buy in.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue58 View Post
    110 million for a guy who jogs triples into doubles,and doubles into long singles? You guys aren't winning anything with Cespedes!
    If your GM had half a brain he would have kept Murphy and let Cespedes walk!
    You would have gotten as much power for less money , and Murphy is clutch and hustles too. I swear you guys are the Jets of baseball lol!!!
    Don't know what planet you live on - Murph has as much power as Cespedes?

Murph is a defensive liability and IMO will not keep hitting like he has last year. A good player, but not even close to what Cespedes brings. Lets see Murph get a team to pay him $25+ a year and then we can compare them.

And we already won something with Cespedes. Washington has won nothing with Murph.