+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    I hope his leg issues are not a problem this year If The Mets can get 130+ games out of him for the next 2 or 3 seasons it be good.

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue58 View Post
    110 million for a guy who jogs triples into doubles,and doubles into long singles? You guys aren't winning anything with Cespedes!
    If your GM had half a brain he would have kept Murphy and let Cespedes walk!
    You would have gotten as much power for less money , and Murphy is clutch and hustles too. I swear you guys are the Jets of baseball lol!!!
    You sound suspiciously like a Yankees fan to me. Maybe we should have given more money to a guy like Ellsbury or Texieira or Sabathia or...................
    https://crackberry.com/sites/crackberry.com/files/styles/w325/public/images/wallpaper_20080105021921_18172263532.jpg?itok=3ohP  HkYs Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

https://crackberry.com/sites/crackberry.com/files/styles/w325/public/images/wallpaper_20080105021921_18172263532.jpg?itok=3ohP  HkYs Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Great news on YC. Also good to hear about Walker. Could of used him at the end of last year.

Maybe The Injury bug will fly away for 2017 and leave the Mets alone
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Now we get to see what Sandy can get for Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by kbusch22 View Post
    Now we get to see what Sandy can get for Jay Bruce.
    A catcher please!

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NAVY2323 View Post
    A catcher please!
    Or a good reliever please!

Tough to imagine the Mets getting a catcher for Bruce. Catching is so thin league-wide, I think we're stuck with TDA. Just have to hope he sorts out his throwing issues and can go back to his 2015 offensive numbers.

A good reliever would be nice though.

Possibility: Jay Bruce for Sean Doolittle of the A's, Beane's a master at flipping players in their walk year so he can try his luck moving Bruce. We'd be getting back a hard throwing lefty reliever with 2 years left under contract.

Quote Originally Posted by NAVY2323 View Post
    YOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about. He took adiscount to stay. He easily could have gotten upwards of Upton's 6 year deal as the best FA on the market. Get real. Mets are lucky as hell. I'm happy as hell. And Walker signed his tender. We may even be able to ship out Bruce for either a quality pitching prospect or a catcher(even better).
    Haha, whoa there. Mets definitely needed the bat but he just got way over paid. Should still be a great signing for them though. Cespedes is a fun player to watch and a great hitter.

To this day I am still happy the Red Sox let him go.
    Spin that Webb young Davis

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Haha, whoa there. Mets definitely needed the bat but he just got way over paid. Should still be a great signing for them though. Cespedes is a fun player to watch and a great hitter.

To this day I am still happy the Red Sox let him go.
    Who isn't overpaid in baseball??