+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

I think Prince will play Welker

Rather than put Rolle on him, I don't think we're going to leave the back field open, or risk leaving the TE options for Brady open. Having Rolle protect/pass rush and putting Prince to jam Welker could be the right strategy. What do you think? we saw him come in for Webster vs the Falcons and hold his own, we saw him shut down Jordy in GreenBay .... do we go w/ Amukamara Island?

Re: I think Prince will play Welker

i think unless we put webby on welker, he's going to get open no matter who we have covering him.

just like it doesn't matter who they put on cruz, he's going to get his catches in on sunday.

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

i think unless we put webby on welker, he's going to get open no matter who we have covering him.

just like it doesn't matter who they put on cruz, he's going to get his catches in on sunday.

[/quote]I agree, Webby def has to be on Welker. JQ Williams and Boley have done a good job on TEs especially with some help over the top from Rolle or KP. With Gronk's bum ankle I can see us attacking him at the line and going double coverage on Hernandez
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Webby on Branch or Hernandez seems the better option, while Ross plays the occasional blitz and Ocho Cinco.

I'd put Prince on Welker b/c of that closing speed. Brady would have a tight window there.

I don't know, I think Webby gets him.

All-Pro

anyone re-watch the Week 9?

i know we played a lot of man to man vs. GB and SF, but with the Pats, maybe some more zone would be good, but i guess part of simplifying things is more man to man

[quote user="nyknstill!"]Webby on Branch or Hernandez seems the better option, while Ross plays the occasional blitz and Ocho Cinco. I'd put Prince on Welker b/c of that closing speed. Brady would have a tight window there.[/quote]

Wes had 122 receptions, nearly 1,600 yards and 9 TDs this year.

A fast rookie corner isn't going to negate that.

[quote user="G-Man67"]anyone re-watch the Week 9?

i know we played a lot of man to man vs. GB and SF, but with the Pats, maybe some more zone would be good, but i guess part of simplifying things is more man to man[/quote]

zone is usually dangerous for us.. LOL

In SB42, the defense let Welker catch stuff underneath...then made sure James Butler was in position to keep the gains-after-catch to a minimum....

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

[quote user="nyknstill!"]Webby on Branch or Hernandez seems the better option, while Ross plays the occasional blitz and Ocho Cinco. I'd put Prince on Welker b/c of that closing speed. Brady would have a tight window there.[/quote]

Wes had 122 receptions, nearly 1,600 yards and 9 TDs this year.

A fast rookie corner isn't going to negate that.

[/quote]

Actually it could, closing speed and the ability to get his hand on the ball. Prince is a good tackler, doesn't allow many YACs