+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Another example of ALL IN

GIANTS' ANTREL ROLLE HAS CHANGED SINCE MEETING, SAYS PERRY FEWELL

"Giants defensive coordinator Perry
    Fewell called Antrel Rolle into his office for a meeting at some point during
    the regular season — Fewell estimated it to be in November, though neither could
    remember exactly when.

The reason for the impromptu meeting was simple: Fewell didn’t like what he
    was seeing in the safety-turned-nickel cornerback. He knew Rolle was upset about
    his position change; Rolle had made public that he believed the nickel back
    position wasn’t the best way to use his talents.

So Fewell thought Rolle needed a reminder that the team is bigger than he is.
    And he struck a cord by mentioning Deon Grant, Rolle’s best friend on the team,
    and putting the team’s goal in perspective.

“He said, ‘’Trel, you have to think about it this way: You and Deon are
    tight, right?’” Rolle told The Star-Ledger, recalling the conversation between
    he and Fewell.

“I said, ‘Yeah.’

“He said, ‘Y’all are like brothers, right?’

“I said, ‘Yeah.’

“He said, ‘How many more opportunities do you think he’s going to get to
    actually reach a Super Bowl or win a Super Bowl?’

“And when I thought about that, it actually brought tears to my eyes and from
    that point on I never saw the game about me. I never saw the game about anything
    having to deal with me. I saw the game about my teammates, I saw the game most
    of all about Coach Coughlin, and I saw the game most of all about Deon
    Grant.”

Fewell said he’s seen a change in Rolle since that meeting, which became
    another step in Rolle’s steady evolution from disgruntled newcomer to Tom
    Coughlin enthusiast over the course of a year.

“I just wanted him to think about when we’re going out and we’re playing,
    there are some guys that probably won’t get a chance to play anymore after this
    year,” Fewell said. “And it could be your best buddy. It could be the guy you
    sit next to in the meeting.

“We got to think about team before we think about anything else. As a leader
    — that’s what he is on our football team — he has to lead and not just for
    himself, but for others. So I just wanted him to think about that as the leader
    of our defense so he could really take in the total perspective.”

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Veteran

Re: Another example of ALL IN

Rolle is ALL IN. & it shows in his play lately

Yes, but it also shows the coaching staff is using ALL IN as a motivational tool. You can't help but feel we're headed for a great game on Sunday.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

That actually brought tears to MY eyes....Yep for real. Just another heart to heart and it seems that OUR team this year has the biggest heart, like going the extra mile for the secondary meetings at private homes, LB's sometime joining them, and now i posted earlier an article about our recievers and eli spending over an hour a day AFTER regular practice to work together on plays and game film! This years Team is REALLY a team but i see it as being more of a family with one common goal......not just reach the Superbowl..........but WIN IT!!! ALL IN!
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Veteran

Wow, great stuff. This team has the right attitude heading into Sunday.

Wow, great story.

It's these kinds of stories that make me think, "we're getting another Superbowl victory."

Thanks for posting Roanoke. A wonderful story. Rolle is one of the players that I particularly like to view his pressers. He really 'gets it'. His comments about TC and his devotion to community service and his admission of increased maturity were also very moving. No doubt at all he will give his best effort on Sunday.

Awesome read...

Giants fan since the early 80s

All-Pro

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]Yes, but it also shows the coaching staff is using ALL IN as a motivational tool. You can't help but feel we're headed for a great game on Sunday.
    [/quote]

yeah RF theirs been a bigtransformation here.. big props to this coaching in finding that one thing that got through.A simple saying with a big messagethat just clicked and the big picture became clear.....I had it happen to me onceandI believe it saved my life...We witnessed a pretty cool thing here... 60 min left

All in !!