+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is It Me Or Is Peyton Trying To Horn In On Some Lime Light?

Why couldn't he wait until Monday to release his doctors assessment that he can play. Answering some reporters questions I can understand, but Irsay basically said the Colts were moving on last week. So now this breaking news about his being able to play just detracts from Eli and the Giants. Maybe it's not that, maybe he just desperately wants to remain a Colt despite the dindling odds. Where ever he ends up he will be a beast and Irsay will regret his decision. I don't want him in New York though, this is Eli's town.

Re: Is It Me Or Is Peyton Trying To Horn In On Some Lime Light?

I would love to see a Eli's Giants vs Peyton's Jets in the 2014 Super Bowl in NJ.

I can't blame Peyton for telling people his health business because he wants to tell everyone that he is healthy and ready to play football. It is still football season and everybody is constantly asking him in the Indianapolis Super Bowl media.

Bench Player

[quote user="ikebibby91"]Why couldn't he wait until Monday to release his doctors assessment that he can play. Answering some reporters questions I can understand, but Irsay basically said the Colts were moving on last week. So now this breaking news about his being able to play just detracts from Eli and the Giants. Maybe it's not that, maybe he just desperately wants to remain a Colt despite the dindling odds. Where ever he ends up he will be a beast and Irsay will regret his decision. I don't want him in New York though, this is Eli's town.
    [/quote]Yes, he is totally being a media ***** this week, as if he is jealous of the younger brother taking over the spotlight - and perhaps taking the family lead in Super Bowl victories. First of all, I don't remember any local star in the past being some sort of ambassador for the city.

But second of all, and IMHO most gallingly (and despite what Eli says), was the sit down interview he gave to ESPN this week. If ESPN caught him on the street and asked a quick question, that would be one thing. For him to give an hour long, pre arranged, sit down interview with Trey Wingo was hogging the spotlight.

[quote user="Simmsy"][quote user="ikebibby91"]Why couldn't he wait until Monday to release his doctors assessment that he can play. Answering some reporters questions I can understand, but Irsay basically said the Colts were moving on last week. So now this breaking news about his being able to play just detracts from Eli and the Giants. Maybe it's not that, maybe he just desperately wants to remain a Colt despite the dindling odds. Where ever he ends up he will be a beast and Irsay will regret his decision. I don't want him in New York though, this is Eli's town.
    [/quote]Yes, he is totally being a media ***** this week, as if he is jealous of the younger brother taking over the spotlight - and perhaps taking the family lead in Super Bowl victories. First of all, I don't remember any local star in the past being some sort of ambassador for the city.

But second of all, and IMHO most gallingly (and despite what Eli says), was the sit down interview he gave to ESPN this week. If ESPN caught him on the street and asked a quick question, that would be one thing. For him to give an hour long, pre arranged, sit down interview with Trey Wingo was hogging the spotlight.[/quote]

Well he better enjoy the next 72 hours because Eli is going to cut through the Pats D like a laser to get that second ring that big bro don't have. I feel kinda sorry for anybody between Eli and that place of status in the Manning family.

Veteran

[quote user="ikebibby91"]Why couldn't he wait until Monday to release his doctors assessment that he can play. Answering some reporters questions I can understand, but Irsay basically said the Colts were moving on last week. So now this breaking news about his being able to play just detracts from Eli and the Giants. Maybe it's not that, maybe he just desperately wants to remain a Colt despite the dindling odds. Where ever he ends up he will be a beast and Irsay will regret his decision. I don't want him in New York though, this is Eli's town.
    [/quote]

I was thinking sort of the same thing.

[quote user="sc_markt"][quote user="ikebibby91"]Why couldn't he wait until Monday to release his doctors assessment that he can play. Answering some reporters questions I can understand, but Irsay basically said the Colts were moving on last week. So now this breaking news about his being able to play just detracts from Eli and the Giants. Maybe it's not that, maybe he just desperately wants to remain a Colt despite the dindling odds. Where ever he ends up he will be a beast and Irsay will regret his decision. I don't want him in New York though, this is Eli's town.
    [/quote]

I was thinking sort of the same thing.[/quote]
    Well I guess he went against what he said last week that the only 2 QBs names that should be heard this week is Eli and Tom because this week is about them
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

I'm sure he has a lot of reasons for what he's doing. I'm also sure that upstaging his brother is not one of them.

If Eli were a girl, he'd be spending this week saying "Well, all week at the Superbowl I hear how great Peyton is at this or how wonderful Peyton did that! Peyton, Peyton, Peyton!"

[quote user="guardplay320"]If Eli were a girl, he'd be spending this week saying "Well, all week at the Superbowl I hear how great Peyton is at this or how wonderful Peyton did that! Peyton, Peyton, Peyton!"[/quote]

Please stop smoking whatever it is you are smoking.

[quote user="guardplay320"]If Eli were a girl, he'd be spending this week saying "Well, all week at the Superbowl I hear how great Peyton is at this or how wonderful Peyton did that! Peyton, Peyton, Peyton!"[/quote]
    Marsha! Marsha! Marsha!