+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Official "Cut it Out With Smack Talk & Gronk Worries" Thread

It seems that the closer and closer we get to the game, fans are getting more and more worried about "smack talk" and the health status of Gronk. The only advice that I can give is to stop thinking and worrying about it because they don't change anything.

1. Pretend like Gronk was never injured and will be 100% healthy for the game. The worriers are making themselves that way because of the tantalizing possibility that he wasn't going to play. I don't think there would be nearly as much worrying about Gronk if he had never been injured to begin with, but your desires for him to not play were giving you false hope. He's going to play. If it's any consolation he won't be 100%.

2. The Giants have NOT been talking smack. I hate smack talk more than anyone and would have been calling it, too. The Giants have been acting AND talking confidently since they beat Dallas in week 16. They have been playing fantastic ever since. Quite frankly, I think they can use a little confidence-talking since they were such a battered team throughout this roller coaster of a season. Canty's talk of a parade came after Brady saying the same thing during his pep rally in front of 25,000 Pats fans, and I didn't think that Brady said anything "smacky."

And if there were any truly smack talking going on, TC would have addressed it. The ol' man has lightened up apparently, but he's not going to break from his basic tenants. Plus, this team has enough experienced veteran leadership to put an end to any smack talking.

The only thing said that I didn't like were the comments about Edelman -- Cruz and MM should not have done it. Edelman's an NFL player like they are. Other than that, I don't see the Giants talking smack like everyone's complaining about. Let them be how they feel. Try and coop them up and muzzle them too much, and that's when they'll probably start thinking too much about other things besides football.

Let the '11 - ' 12 Giants be the '11 - '12 Giants. And stop worrying. The players from both teams will do all the talking on the field. And stop worrying about the media -- they're going to blow up anything small into a big deal because it draws ratings and money.

After the crazy year that this team has had, just let go of the leash and let them be themselves. They deserve it.

Veteran

Re: Official "Cut it Out With Smack Talk & Gronk Worries" Thread

not for nothing but i wish opposing teams would put a wide receiver infront of me back in highschool when i played running back. i would of done everything in my power to rattle the kid just sayin. its disrespectful your telling me im not talented enough to get the best cover guy you got in front of me? football players JHS and up are habitual competitors, you see someone break a run you want to do better, your constantly driven to do more, which drives you to get bigger in the gym, get faster with the weight vest and chute. that's what it means so if your going to put an out of position person in front of me fine i'll laugh it off and i'll exploit his ***, embarrass him if i have too thus embarrassing the coach that made that decision. and i'll do it **** talking up a ****ing storm!

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

All-Pro

I'm pretty much right where you are... espnis nothing but a circus showfull of clowns...not worth the time of day.....two more days we get some Giants football!!

I agree that the media has blown a lot of the stuff the Giants say out of proportion and I'm skeptical as to how much bulletin board material actually works as a motivational tool (if you're not already fully motivated to win a Super Bowl you don't deserve to win). However, I don't like the reputation that the team has (rightly or wrongly) been acquiring. I've seen a lot of fans from other teams compare the Giants to the Jets in terms of trash talking. I don't like that at all. The Giants are supposed to be a much classier organization than the Jets and have a better reputation. I know this all doesn't matter if we win but it still bothers me.

[quote user="rainierjef"]not for nothing but i wish opposing teams would put a wide receiver infront of me back in highschool when i played running back. i would of done everything in my power to rattle the kid just sayin. its disrespectful your telling me im not talented enough to get the best cover guy you got in front of me? football players JHS and up are habitual competitors, you see someone break a run you want to do better, your constantly driven to do more, which drives you to get bigger in the gym, get faster with the weight vest and chute. that's what it means so if your going to put an out of position person in front of me fine i'll laugh it off and i'll exploit his ***, embarrass him if i have too thus embarrassing the coach that made that decision. and i'll do it **** talking up a ****ing storm!*
    [/quote]
    I agree with you 100% on Edelman. If you think he's that bad, then just thank your lucky stars that he'll be out on the field. No need to call him out, or even worse, inspire him to beat you and make you eat your own words.

Other than that, I don't see the Giants talking smack.

[quote user="Giants10Joe"]I agree that the media has blown a lot of the stuff the Giants say out of proportion and I'm skeptical as to how much bulletin board material actually works as a motivational tool (if you're not already fully motivated to win a Super Bowl you don't deserve to win). However, I don't like the reputation that the team has (rightly or wrongly) been acquiring. I've seen a lot of fans from other teams compare the Giants to the Jets in terms of trash talking. I don't like that at all. The Giants are supposed to be a much classier organization than the Jets and have a better reputation. I know this all doesn't matter if we win but it still bothers me.
    [/quote]
    Compared to the Jets? Oh, please. They've been talking since Rex's 1st day on the job. And ALL teams engage in talking smack -- especially against the teams they don't like. Every single one.

I don't see myself being a homer on this because I hate talking smack -- I think they're just vocalizing their confidence. If they think that it's helped them get this far, then keep with it. As another poster pointed out in another thread, if they stopped now I would be worried that they were scared.

[quote user="Giants10Joe"]I agree that the media has blown a lot of the stuff the Giants say out of proportion and I'm skeptical as to how much bulletin board material actually works as a motivational tool (if you're not already fully motivated to win a Super Bowl you don't deserve to win). However, I don't like the reputation that the team has (rightly or wrongly) been acquiring. I've seen a lot of fans from other teams compare the Giants to the Jets in terms of trash talking. I don't like that at all. The Giants are supposed to be a much classier organization than the Jets and have a better reputation. I know this all doesn't matter if we win but it still bothers me.
    [/quote]
    I think the Pats are well aware the Media is overblowing what's being said
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Gronk is gonna be morphined up for the game. But the long halftime could make him stiffen up..especially if a few Giants defensive players "accidentally" fall on the ankle.

[quote user="byron"]I'm pretty much right where you are... espn*is nothing but a circus show*full of clowns...not worth the time of day.....two more days we get some Giants *football!!*[/quote]
    Wilfork knows its the media. He said they are confident. We are confident. Will see what happens sunday

4-New York Giants!!!!!

[quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="Giants10Joe"]I agree that the media has blown a lot of the stuff the Giants say out of proportion and I'm skeptical as to how much bulletin board material actually works as a motivational tool (if you're not already fully motivated to win a Super Bowl you don't deserve to win). However, I don't like the reputation that the team has (rightly or wrongly) been acquiring. I've seen a lot of fans from other teams compare the Giants to the Jets in terms of trash talking. I don't like that at all. The Giants are supposed to be a much classier organization than the Jets and have a better reputation. I know this all doesn't matter if we win but it still bothers me.
    [/quote]
    Compared to the Jets? Oh, please. They've been talking since Rex's 1st day on the job. And ALL teams engage in talking smack -- especially against the teams they don't like. Every single one.

I don't see myself being a homer on this because I hate talking smack -- I think they're just vocalizing their confidence. If they think that it's helped them get this far, then keep with it. As another poster pointed out in another thread, if they stopped now I would be worried that they were scared.[/quote]
    Correct.
    They called the dirty Birds Oline, well, DIRTY. They said they would not allow julio, roddy and turner to come into our House and win.

Then went out and backed up the talk

4-New York Giants!!!!!