+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Changed Mentality of Pats Fans

It's hysterical. Pats fans were completing panicking when they first
    found out they'd be facing us. If you checked their board for the few
    days after the Superbowl match-up was decided, most were negative about
    their chances. The something funny happened - the media all starting
    picking us to win. God forbid they would pick us to win instead of the
    Pats and the Pats fans here confidence from the Giants and their fans!

All of a sudden, the Pats fans now have countered that by whining about
    all the attention going to the Giants, bashing their regular season
    record and complaining about the trash talking. Also, another bigger
    picture thing has happened with Pats fans - all of a sudden they found
    their obnoxious swagger as well. The Pats board is night and day from a
    week and a half ago. It went from "the Giants are really good and the
    Pats are going to lose" to "the Giants stink and are overrated and we're
    going to show the media how dumb they are by blowing them out". Now they have become just as confident/****y as the fans that they are complaining about.

Re: The Changed Mentality of Pats Fans

Not where I live in the heart of Pats land. They are scared ****less.

They've had time to plaster over their fears and talk themselves down -- but underneath it's still there.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

they have alot of legit beefs.

Tom Brady is being made out like he's Matt Ryan and not Tom Brady.

Our defense is playing better in post-season, so is there's but its still being discounted.

Gronk is hurt and apparently that's a huge issue, Nicks is hurt and apparently its not.

Our d line creates alot of pressure, especially in the post season, so has theirs.

Our o line has given up quite a bit of pressure, theirs hasn't.

People are picking the giants, but its based alot more on feel that anything else.

We're kinda like the Pats against the Colts back in the day. I just hope we hang on one more game.

They're all confident in their team.

I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Veteran

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

Our defense is playing better in post-season, so is there's but its still being discounted.

Gronk is hurt and apparently that's a huge issue, Nicks is hurt and apparently its not.

Our d line creates alot of pressure, especially in the post season, so has theirs.

People are picking the giants, but its based alot more on feel that anything else.

We're kinda like the Pats against the Colts back in the day.* I just hope we hang on one more game.

[/quote]

I disagree, the media is still in love with Brady and always will be.

I live in south florida they hate the pat's,and keep wishing me well!!! GO GMEN ALL IN!!!

[quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

We're kinda like the Pats against the Colts back in the day. I just hope we hang on one more game.

[/quote] I disagree, the media is still in love with Brady and always will be.[/quote]

we'll have to agree to disagree. out of every 5 predictions i hear for this game, 4 are picking the Giants.

That's not alot of Brady love.

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

We're kinda like the Pats against the Colts back in the day.* I just hope we hang on one more game.

[/quote]

I'm not getting the Brady/Matt Ryan thing.

All I hear is how if Brady wins he's the best QB in the history of football which I find hilarious. How does one game do that for you? And if So...then I'd say that one game Eli won a few years ago was pretty damn impressive and should have come with a few courage badges.

There defense should be discouted because they made Joe Flacco look like John Elway. While our Defense shut down the golden boy the consensus MVP Aaron Rogers.

No body told Gronk to get photographed wearing a walking boot and limping around all over the place. Show me some pics of Nicks in a sling and you got a story.

Our defense is healthy and NOTORIOUS for rushing the passer while the Pats best pass rusher will not be playing sunday.

Our Oline gives up pressure but our QB has shown time and time again that you have to do more than pressure him to beat him. The other QB on the other hand has shown time and time again that pressure is his kryptonite.

People are picking the Giants because the Giants are going to win.

Not touching the pats colts refrence.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

Tom Brady is being made out like he's Matt Ryan and not Tom Brady. A bit exaggerated, but I could see why the Eli comparisons to Brady would drive them crazy

Gronk is hurt and apparently that's a huge issue, Nicks is hurt and apparently its not. Gronk's injury is a much worse injury for a WR/TE. This complaint is absurd.

Our d line creates alot of pressure, especially in the post season, so has theirs. Opponents make a difference, but their D line hasn't gotten enough credit

Our o line has given up quite a bit of pressure, theirs hasn't. SF is the only team that put a ton of pressure on Eli and they would have on the Pats too. They were out of their mind good.

People are picking the giants, but its based alot more on feel that anything else. So? People always pick on feel. Since when do any pundits or fans really do otherwise? If it wasn't by feel, we'd always see the team with the better record getting picked and that doesn't always happen. They talk about regular season record but so did Packers and 49ers fans. Regular season record is thrown out the window for the playoffs. Both teams are different teams than they were weeks ago.

[/quote]