+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bench Player

Curious on thoughts if Pats run the no-huddle all game?

I know one of the giants biggest factors on defense is the fact they sub in / out personal all game, with those 4 best DE's. I am curious what you think happens if the pats just run the no huddle all game, and don't allow subs? The pats have been known for doing this all season, and it can really frustrate defenses. They didn't exploit this much in the last match up until the 4th quarter when it was fairly successful.

Thoughts?

Re: Curious on thoughts if Pats run the no-huddle all game?

Then it becomes a shoot out.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

They never have run it the entire game...i'd be surprised if they did. Our d is much more effective swapping out the 7 key def personnel.

My guess is they will wait strategically until the weakest of our personnel are in and that's when they will run the no huddle in an attempt to get their mismatches.

A shootout, Let's watch Eli go head to head with Brady--Bring it Baby-this is a heavyweight fight.

[quote user="holasenor"]I know one of the giants biggest factors on defense is the fact they sub in / out personal all game, with those 4 best DE's. I am curious what you think happens if the pats just run the no huddle all game, and don't allow subs? The pats have been known for doing this all season, and it can really frustrate defenses. They didn't exploit this much in the last match up until the 4th quarter when it was fairly successful.

Thoughts?[/quote]

There are several styles of no huddle offenses and each require specific personel to run well.

To run a no huddle all game (much like the Bills did during the early 90's with their K-Gun offense) you have to have a great running back who can catch out of the back field and a vertical threat to stretch the field so the middle doesn't become over crowded.

The Pats have neither.

The Law Firm is a decent enough banger, but doesn't catch well out of the backfield and Faulk can't bang it up in between the tackles.

And the only two credible vertical threats the Pats have are OchoStinko and Branch, both of which have been unreliable this season (hence the lack of vertical game).

So a no-huddle offense by the Pats would consist of 0-15 yrd patterns which would get choked out by a zone defense.
    I have met you. You dont even look good in a winter coat let alone a wet t-shirt... -GameTime

No way they run it the whole game, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them start the game that way. Try to get the jump on the Giants, and then from then on pick their spots where they use it

I expect the Pats to run the no huddle to slow down the pass rush of the giants. They may not do it all game, but they will do it. I just hope the Giants are prepared for it.

they'll run it when they think they have an advantage to do it.

they won't do it nearly the whole game.

no way any team can run the "no huddle" all game.

1.....if it is working then the team will be winning and will go convential at some point

2....if its not working then they will stop

3....if its a close game an offense cannot withstand the no huddle any more than a defense can on an extended game long basis.

the Pats will use it and will probably come out using it I would think or use it intermitently during the game....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

They plan on playing the hurry up offense....which has caused problems for the Giants already this season.

Although not particularly effective when employed by Atlanta.

I do remember a few games this season where teams did it an ran down the field.

[quote user="giantmainea80"]They plan on playing the hurry up offense....which has caused problems for the Giants already this season. Although not particularly effective when employed by Atlanta. I do remember a few games this season where teams did it an ran down the field.[/quote]

i know the giants have practiced against it in preparing for this game, but it's going to be a problem at some point.

how much of a problem is the main issue.