+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Does All the Giants Talking Scare You?

As much as I want to say that it is just them being very confident, I cannot help but be very uneasy how this whole week went as far as the interviews. Patriots playing everything coy and laughing off the Giants comments while the Giants continue to beat therir chests. Makes me worry that its gonna come back to bite em on Sunday as Bellichich and brady will have a super game plan they will come out with

Re: Does All the Giants Talking Scare You?

[quote user="RonJon"]As much as I want to say that it is just them being very confident, I cannot help but be very uneasy how this whole week went as far as the interviews. Patriots playing everything coy and laughing off the Giants comments while the Giants continue to beat therir chests. Makes me worry that its gonna come back to bite em on Sunday as Bellichich and brady will have a super game plan they will come out with[/quote]

No it doesnt SCARE me at all. I have alot of confidence in the team that they will go out and play the BEST game we have seen so far in the 2011-2012 season. I think we by 21... (see the Sig)...

Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

No
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

AS a matter of fact it didnt hurt us in 86 when everyone was talking about how much we were favored and everyone thought we would win.

Different circumstances that season as we went 14-2 and were expected to win all season.. But theydidnt let all the talk effect them. they went out and did what they knew they could do and whipped the Broncos.

So at this point in the season... REGARDLESS of what happened during the season and how each team got here.. Most feel the Giants are playing the best football right now and are not scared to say it.

I think the giants will feed off it and not have the opposite happen. they will go out and preform like we all know they should

Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

BB is just a coach. The NFL has put a lot of effort in promoting him as some sort of Bobby Fischer mega genius but he's really just a coach.

The reason the Giants seem confident and the Pats seem coy is because that's what it is. All parties involved know how this game is going to play out.

Edit: Also I don't know about you guys but in 07 I was pretty offended by the 12 point spread. Now we're the "Unofficial" favorite and people are still complaining????
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

no but the media jumping on our bandwagon does . This team seem to love the us vs world mentality and I fear that they don't have that now

On one hand, as an old school Giant fan, I don't care for it. Not really the Giants style...

But on the other hand, every game since the Jet game was a must-win, and they've done so, as

underdogs, on the road, in various weather, indoors, outdoors. Every game people wrote 'em off,

and after they won, those same people said how the wins were "Lucky"....

Well, they shut up all the critics, & non-believers. If they were talking like this after Week 2, then I'd

be hating it, but it ain't Week 2, it's the bloody Super Bowl, & they've earned the right to talk a little

smack, IMO.

Veteran

Didn't every non Giant complain about their talking before the Falcons, Packers and 49ers games? Pretty sure they did. Pretty sure it didn't matter.

Veteran

You know what I am tired of this stigma that the Giants don't play well as favorites. No matter how true it has been through the years, I am just tired of hearing about it and that being the case just like I was tired of hearing how the Giants had not won a home playoff game under Coughlin. Well you can check that one off the list and I was there in the stadium towitness it. I think it is high time that this team step up to the plate and embrace being the favorites or the sexy pick. Time to start a friggin dominant dynasty. I have been waiting for it my whole life as a Giants fan. The time is now. Bring it. If Eli continues to play like he did this season and they address some weak spots at O-line and linebacker in such a way that it sets them up to begood to gofor years to come, then dynasty time is here folks. No more of this I would rather be the underdog garbage. I want them to be the next dynasty. I want everyone to expect them win and then actually go out there and win like they are supposed to. The time is now. This is the turning point. Bring it, bring it, bring it! ALL IN!

HERE WE GO GIANTS, HERE WE GO!

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Veteran

Nope, doesn't bother me.

It didn't bother me when Eli said he was ELIte.

It didn't bother me when Cruz said that there were plays to be had against the Jets' secondary

It didn't bother me when Tuck and Jacobs said they hate the cowboys

It didn't bother me when they talked before the Falcons game

It didn't bother me when they talked before the Packers game

It didn't bother me when they talked before the '9ers game

It didn't bother me when they talked before SBXLII

It doesn't bother me now.

Why? Because there's a difference between confident and ****y. They're not grabbing the reporters by the collars and saying "WE'RE GONNA DOMINATE, THE PATS DON'T STAND A CHANCE! BOOK IT!" They're simply answering the questions asked with what they think and feel, which is confident in their own abilities.

There ISN'T an underdog in this game. Its a throwdown between the best team in the AFC and the best team in the NFC. Regular season records not-withstanding these are two evenly matched teams.