+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-Pro

Bill Belichick A Football Life- Giants related

Anyone see that special they had on Belichick I think it was on NBCSports. It was truely amazing to see this side of Belichick.

They were talking about when he was with the Giants, and how much he loved the organization and was so greatful for them. They showed him walking through GIANTS stadium before it was torn down and breaking down thinking about all the things that went on in that building. He was looking in the locker room talking about LT, Carsonand Banks. Seeing their lockers and reminiscing. Saying LT had a stack of mail in a box half way up his locker cause he rarely opened his mail and an assistant who was told to clean it up went through it and found about $75K in checks in the pile.

He talked about playing Bill Parcells in racquet ball and playing other coaches and players, in the courts they had down in the basements.

He litterally broke down and struggled getting through his memories talking about it.

"I have the upmost respect for this organization. It was one of the greatest moments of my life."

He talked about how Coughlin was a great coach there as well back then. He would have his WRs tell Belichicks DBs what they like to do to help them out and prepare them for games. They worked really well together and still are great friends.

Anyone have the video of this or know if it is online? I would love to re watch it. If you have a hard time likeing Belichick cause those Giants days were so long ago, this will definately open your eyes back up for him and see how great of a coach and guy he really is. It is easy to talk crap about him cause he plays for a hated enemy now and got them where they are, but man, he was a great and will go down as one of the greatest ever.

Re: The Legendary Bill Belichick - Giants related

And people wonder why I'm a Bellichik fan (except this Sunday of course).

THE best coordinator we've had on the team (and that incluces Lombardi and Landry).
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

I will not watch anything with the enemy unrtil after the sb ....

This
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

It was "Bill Belichick: A Football Life" on NFL Network. Definitely a must-watch.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

All-Pro

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]It was "Bill Belichick: A Football Life" on NFL Network. Definitely a must-watch.
    [/quote]

Awesome, thanks. Ive been watching so much crap on this game Im getting it all mixed up. NBCsports had that Bob Costas show last night which was pretty awesome to see and hear as well.

All-Pro

Just found out it is re-airing tonight at 9pm, NFL network. If you havent seen it, I suggest you do.

Don't promote this treasdonus enemy until after the sb ... Your either with us or against us is my mentality right now , and I appreciate Bellichecks past with the Giants , but I am not interested in a documentary about the enemy the weekend before the sb . That is bad karma

Just a great coach,I would wish him well if he was not playing the New York Football Giants

Veteran

It was a really great piece. Being at the Giants facility almost brought him to tears. Gives you a real insight into who he is.