+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

ESPN FIRST TAKE PICKS

Steven A.. even with all the Giants talk that he thinks is going to hurt them somewhat still has giants winning game by 14pts... He said Cruz will be the MVP..

Bayless still thinks Giants are better up and down the boards but with what Canty said and how the Giants have conducted themselves this week he is leaning toward BB using it to their advantage and picks the Pats 17-14 in a close one. He went back to his original pick earlier in season which was Pats.
    He thinks brady will get hit alot and wont be a huge factor. Lots of dinks and dunks.. But said it will be the Pats running game that will be the Giants undoing.

Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Re: ESPN FIRST TAKE PICKS

i started the week thinking we win this game by 10.

i'm back to understanding that this is going to be another nail biter.

I am absolutely SICK of the arrogance and overconfidence of this team, it's gotten to a point where it's getting me really annoyed. It's as if our whole team (besides Eli and Bradshaw and a few other players) have turned into Mayweather.

Despite this, I still think we win the game simply because we're the better team, but if we lose, oh man are we going to hear about it and look like the biggest clowns in the world.

[quote user="egyptian420"]I am absolutely SICK of the arrogance and overconfidence of this team, it's gotten to a point where it's getting me really annoyed. It's as if our whole team (besides Eli and Bradshaw and a few other players) have turned into Mayweather.

Despite this, I still think we win the game simply because we're the better team, but if we lose, oh man are we going to hear about it and look like the biggest clowns in the world.
    [/quote]

Your mistaking confidence for arrogance.

And don't be mistaken, all 53 players on this team are confident, just some are letting the media know.

The game will be won on the field, if the Patriots need the Giants brash talk to motivate them, then we already have this game in the bag.

The Giants have talked the talk and walked the walk.

Giants fan since the early 80s

All-Pro

[quote user="egyptian420"]I am absolutely SICK of the arrogance and overconfidence of this team, it's gotten to a point where it's getting me really annoyed. It's as if our whole team (besides Eli and Bradshaw and a few other players) have turned into Mayweather.

[/quote]

"Final Score, 24-17, Giants." Plax prior to SB42

If that didnt give motivation for the Pats to beat us, nothing will. I dont agree with all the talking, but it is what it is. They have been doing it for the past month. Win, and all is forgiven. Lose, and that will be a focal point of why we lost, even if it had nothing to do with it.

[quote user="ny06"]

[/quote]

And don't me mistaken, all 53 players on this team are confident, just some are letting the media know.

The game will be won on the field, if the Patriots need the Giants brash talk to motivate them, then we already have this game in the bag.

The Giants have talked the talk and walk the walk.

[/quote]
    I have absolutely nothing wrong with the stuff they're saying IF they say it amongst themselves in the locker room and whatnot, NOT to the media. It's gotten to a point where the media doesn't have to try to blow things up, we're just Giving them headline materials to the point where even the media is getting bored and stopped caring.

I've said this before, I can't tell you how many people were rooting for us as soon as we won the NFCC that have changed their minds because of how we've been acting lately.

It's interesting to note that people like Eli, Bradshaw, Tuck and a few other veterans aren't the ones doing all the talking, it's all the younger players that haven't been in a SB yet that seem to think we've already won this thing.

[quote user="TuckYou"]

[/quote]

If that didnt give motivation for the Pats to beat us, nothing will. I dont agree with all the talking, but it is what it is. They have been doing it for the past month. Win, and all is forgiven. Lose, and that will be a focal point of why we lost, even if it had nothing to do with it.

[/quote]
    imho, what plax said before sb42 doesn't even amount to half as much as what we've been saying this time.

back at that time everyone thought we'd lose, this time it's a toss up, and our players are definitely acting accordingly.....if you seen us earlier in the season in interviews, we were the most humble team in the NFL.

even if the school yard bully never says a word ;
    he still has your lunch money.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

[quote user="TuckYou"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
    Plax predicted 20-17... but, You're absolutely right about the talking. All 11 men have to kick butt on every snap, snap to whistle, regardless of who talks the talk. It'll be won on the field by the team thaT plays a little better on Sunday. If a man needs to hear some trasj talk from the other team in order to get motivated, then he's not a professional. I think our guys are confidant because they knw every man will be giving supreme effort on every play, and they've done a good job prtecting the ball, so they don't expect turnovers to be their downfall.

[quote user="egyptian420"][quote user="ny06"]

[/quote]

And don't me mistaken, all 53 players on this team are confident, just some are letting the media know.

The Giants have talked the talk and walk the walk.

[/quote]
    I have absolutely nothing wrong with the stuff they're saying IF they say it amongst themselves in the locker room and whatnot, NOT to the media. It's gotten to a point where the media doesn't have to try to blow things up, we're just Giving them headline materials to the point where even the media is getting bored and stopped caring.

I've said this before, I can't tell you how many people were rooting for us as soon as we won the NFCC that have changed their minds because of how we've been acting lately.

It's interesting to note that people like Eli, Bradshaw, Tuck and a few other veterans aren't the ones doing all the talking, it's all the younger players that haven't been in a SB yet that seem to think we've already won this thing.
    [/quote]

Thats what surprised me. You would think the coaching staff and the guys that have been there would have put the clamp on them and told them what they could and couldnt say. I am shocked that TC has allowed this to go on all week.

He hates it when a giants player celebrates to much during a game even when we have a game in hand. he gets really upset witth if there is anytime left on the clock he wants them focused not whooping it up.

so with that said. its a real surprise to say the least that he let it escalate to this level. he is not the type coach that like to give any kind of edge to the other team.
    By the way Canty is not a young player. he should know better

Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***