+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Someone convince me that we're going to win

Cause quite frankly my confidence has wanned over the week. I hate people are picking us to win big; I hate the players are talking smack a'la Jets and I hate that we're playing NE for a third time (I'm counting preseason) w a HOF coach that has two weeks to game plan. I don't like this scenario at all!!!

Re: Someone convince me that we're going to win

Just watch the game.

Not sure how much convincing we can do LOL

All-Pro

[quote user="Sundown"]Cause quite frankly my confidence has wanned over the week. I hate people are picking us to win big; I hate the players are talking smack a'la Jets and I hate that we're playing NE for a third time (I'm counting preseason) w a HOF coach that has two weeks to game plan. I don't like this scenario at all!!![/quote]

I'm in the same boat as you.

Can't help you.

We're facing a HOF coach, HOF QB, very high scoring offense coming off a bad game with 2 weeks to prepare, back-stopped by a much improved defense (which happens to be the specialty of the HOF coach).

If you're not really nervous about this game, you're stupid.

i'd pay $5,000 of my own money right now for us to be facing the Ravens instead.

i still think we win, but it'll be by a play or two, not the 10-14 points i thought when i was still on the 49ers-win-high.

[quote user="Sundown"]Cause quite frankly my confidence has wanned over the week. I hate people are picking us to win big; I hate the players are talking smack a'la Jets and I hate that we're playing NE for a third time (I'm counting preseason) w a HOF coach that has two weeks to game plan. I don't like this scenario at all!!![/quote]

where is the smack talk a'la Jets?

dont get all twisted from the media hype over innocent comments... just think of how your team has played since xmas eve and relive the games in your mind every week since then... you'll realize the "talk" whether manufactured or real is meaningless.

"...gently down the loser stream!!"

--80--

All-Pro

don't worry about the mojo factor, it's a football game and all the motivation any player needs is that it is the Super Bowl

plus, things have started coming full circle ... these media types are having a hard time picking against Brady and Vegas still has us +2.5

all the talk has been about Gronk and Hernandez, but can you ever think of 3 more dangerous WRs in Giants history ... Nicks, Cruz and Manningham are going to wreak havoc on the Pats

finally, despite some unnecessary over-confident, trash talk statements by our D ... the bottom line is that our pass rush will move Brady off the spot and we will make life difficult for him ... not saying he won't make plays, but he is in for as long an evening as he experienced back in SB 42

now, having said all that, these games are usually determined by 5 or so key plays ... key turnovers, long TDs, STs, etc. ... but i do think we are better equipped to make those kinda plays

an Osi strip, a C-Web pick, a Cruuuuuuzzzzz cruise, a Nicks "this is my ball" TD

ALL IN!!!!!

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

Can't help you.

We're facing a HOF coach, HOF QB, very high scoring offense coming off a bad game with 2 weeks to prepare, back-stopped by a much improved defense (which happens to be the specialty of the HOF coach).

If you're not really nervous about this game, you're stupid.

i'd pay $5,000 of my own money right now for us to be facing the Ravens instead.

i still think we win, but it'll be by a play or two, not the 10-14 points i thought when i was still on the 49ers-win-high.

[/quote]

Ughhh. Glad I'm young cause i thought I was going to have a heart attack during the 9er game.

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]Just watch the game. Not sure how much convincing we can do LOL[/quote]

+1. They're going to win it because they really are the better team.

Veteran

1. Giants beat the Patriots already this season without Nicks and Bradshaw.

2. We match up well against the Pats, this team was built to beat teams like NE. Look how they handled Green Bay, who have similar offensive and defensive stats.

3. Gronkowski, their key pass-catcher, is hurt.

4. Brady will be riled up for revenge, which could distract him from fundamentals.

5. If there's one player on either team that will manage the hype, the crowd noise, etc., it's Eli Manning.

[quote user="Ruttiger711"]

where is the smack talk a'la Jets?*

dont get all twisted from the media hype over innocent comments... just think of how your team has played since xmas eve and relive the games in your mind every week since then... you'll realize the "talk" whether manufactured or real is meaningless.*

[/quote]

I've avoided the media most of the week, read some articles Today and damn the team has been chirpin. Parades and Talks of being in "Brady's head". It could be a recipe for disaster.