+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bill Simmons sums up the situation for Pats fans

Veteran

Bill Simmons sums up the situation for Pats fans

In his latest column, Pats fan Bill Simmons basically admits that no matter what happens Sunday, we still own NE's soul for what happened in 08'. Either we completely crush your spirit on Sunday, or you get some minor consolation and we lose a super bowl as a 9-7 team that really had no business being there anyway.

My favorite letter:

"Q: I'm sorry, but you can't really believe that a 2012 Patriots Super Bowl win will atone for 2008. As a sports fan, you know that not all championships are equal. The 2008 Super Bowl was the equivalent of someone punching you in the face, stealing your wife and posting an Internet video of them having sex (which your friends occasionally played just to mess with you). You now meet this man in 2012 and are trying to get revenge by keying his new car. Good Luck!
    Jesse, Ann Arbor"

[link]http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7536111/the-half-bag-super-bag[/link]

Re: Bill Simmons sums up the situation for Pats fans

Bill Simmons is horrible, he's almost as bad as Rick Reilly.

Veteran

[quote user="RugDaniels"]Bill Simmons is horrible, he's almost as bad as Rick Reilly.[/quote]

What? He's nothing like Rick Reilly

I really hate Giant fans who are stuck in o7 and are like it don't matter Sunday . Yes it freaking does . 2007 was the p0ast . Sunday is now . I want a superbowl title . Whoever wins this moves up to the 4 club with Packers . Its a huge deal

Veteran

[quote user="Big Blue 418"]I really hate Giant fans who are stuck in o7 and are like it don't matter Sunday . Yes it freaking does . 2007 was the p0ast . Sunday is now . I want a superbowl title . Whoever wins this moves up to the 4 club with Packers . Its a huge deal[/quote]

Oh it matters to us, of course. I'm saying as far as the whole "revenge" angle, it won't be enough revenge for them even if they do win.

All-Pro

[quote user="jhamburg"]In his latest column, Pats fan Bill Simmons basically admits that no matter what happens Sunday, we still own NE's soul for what happened in 08'. Either we completely crush your spirit on Sunday, or you get some minor consolation and we lose a super bowl as a 9-7 team that really had no business being there anyway.

My favorite letter:

"Q: I'm sorry, but you can't really believe that a 2012 Patriots Super Bowl win will atone for 2008. As a sports fan, you know that not all championships are equal. The 2008 Super Bowl was the equivalent of someone punching you in the face, stealing your wife and posting an Internet video of them having sex (which your friends occasionally played just to mess with you). You now meet this man in 2012 and are trying to get revenge by keying his new car. Good Luck!
    Jesse, Ann Arbor"

[link]http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7536111/the-half-bag-super-bag[/link][/quote]Agreed
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

well , if winning this game won't make up for it ;

i guess losing this game is really gonna suck.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

+ Reply to Thread