+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Baas (and help) vs Wilfork can mean a win or loss for SB46

I really hope they can contain him Wilfork.

The last thing you want is for constant pressure to come up the middle to Elis face. It happened for about 2 years with Ohara before he was released and it was the main reason I wanted a replacement for him.

I just hope they can at least pass protect for Eli at the least. The run is the least of my concerns (but would be nice).

I noticed that while many say that the Pats defense improved in the playoffs (still look at the offenses they faced) they have allowed more rushing yards, approximately 130 yards per game. With that said maybe they can run a bit better in the SB.

I just hope it all just doesn't come down to that match up.

Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

All-Pro

Re: Baas (and help) vs Wilfork can mean a win or loss for SB46

yeah he is a load inside ... my way to deal with Wilfork is to convert on 3rd down ... while the man is a great athlete for his size/shape ...but he is only human and the longer he is on the field for drives and the game, the more he will tire out

and, of course, preventing long drives by NE is equally important and there have been many posts about NE going no huddle ... if they do a lot of no huddle ... Wilfork might suffer

We beat Wilfork and a much better NE team in '07, and we're about to do it again.

[quote user="G-Man67"]yeah he is a load inside ... my way to deal with Wilfork is to convert on 3rd down ... while the man is a great athlete for his size/shape ... he is only human and the longer he is on the field for drives and the game, the more he will tire out

and, of course, preventing long drives by NE is equally important and there have been many posts about NE going no huddle ... if they do a lot of no huddle ... Wilfork might suffer[/quote]this year or at least the last handful of games (cannot recall) but he has been averaging about 60 plays per game. A higher number then in previous years. He also has nearly 4 sacks in last 2 games I believe.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

[quote user="JJC7301"]We beat Wilfork and a much better NE team in '07, and we're about to do it again.[/quote]most is true. But he is better this year, no denying that.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

All-Pro

[quote user="DragonSoul"][quote user="G-Man67"]yeah he is a load inside ... my way to deal with Wilfork is to convert on 3rd down ... while the man is a great athlete for his size/shape ... he is only human and the longer he is on the field for drives and the game, the more he will tire out

and, of course, preventing long drives by NE is equally important and there have been many posts about NE going no huddle ... if they do a lot of no huddle ... Wilfork might suffer[/quote]this year or at least the last handful of games (cannot recall) but he has been averaging about 60 plays per game. A higher number then in previous years. He also has nearly 4 sacks in last 2 games I believe.[/quote]

which is pretty amazing, but my guess he has to be taking some of those plays off ... not that he turtles up on the ground, but that he more or less just goes through the motions to pace himself a bit ... he is also very smart and even Wilfork "taking a play off", still presents a big road block in the middle, but not necessarily the active, penetrating, disruptive force he can be when he is going full force

[quote user="DragonSoul"]I really hope they can contain him Wilfork.

The last thing you want is for constant pressure to come up the middle to Elis face. It happened for about 2 years with Ohara before he was released and it was the main reason I wanted a replacement for him.

I just hope they can at least pass protect for Eli at the least. The run is the least of my concerns (but would be nice).

I noticed that while many say that the Pats defense improved in the playoffs (still look at the offenses they faced) they have allowed more rushing yards, approximately 130 yards per game. With that said maybe they can run a bit better in the SB.

I just hope it all just doesn't come down to that match up.[/quote]

Didn't he play in the last game? Don't we always have someone we need to game plan for? Haven't we, for the most part, been successful in doing that?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

while he will present aproblems and he will make plays he is only one player. The winner of the LOS will decide the game IMO but it will be as a group. The Pats will line up in base 3-4 and 4-3 at times. So Wilfork will not always be over Baas.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="DragonSoul"]I really hope they can contain him Wilfork.

I just hope it all just doesn't come down to that match up.[/quote]

Didn't he play in the last game?* Don't we always have someone we need to game plan for?* Haven't we, for the most part, been successful in doing that?
    [/quote]Baas didn't play that game.

And yes I hope they game plan for it and I assume they have. But again just because you do still means the guys have to execute the plan.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

[quote user="DragonSoul"][quote user="JJC7301"]We beat Wilfork and a much better NE team in '07, and we're about to do it again.[/quote]most is true. But he is better this year, no denying that.[/quote]

And we beat Wilfork and a healthy Pats team in the middle of the year in NE. I know that is a different game, but I LOVE our chances and confidence.