+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran

Egals fan and Eli

Was having dinner the other night with a buddy and his friend. My buddy is technically an eagles fan, but he really isnt a football fan.

His friend is a big Egals fan, and the converstation got around to Eli, and the "elite" stuff.

This guy just hates Eli. Says hes average at best, if he didnt have a good defense he would never win, the only reason he had a good season this year is his receivers, etc.

I asked him what QBs were better. He said the ususal: Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Big Ben. I agreed, and asked who else? Took him 5 minutes of thinking, then he says Stafford.

Now, I know Stafford is good, but I asked him by what objective measurement he could possibly say Stafford is better than Eli at this point. I mean the guy just had his first winning season? He gave a lot of BS answers; better arm, he's gonna be 10 times as good as Eli, blah, blah, blah.

So I asked him if he thought the Giants would be better off Sunday with Stafford instead of Eli. He says absolutely, Stafford is in Brady's league but Eli isnt. Predicted that Eli will throw 4 pics on Sunday.

Now, I think I'm a realist, and I know Eli is not the best, in the top 10 right now, and close to top 5. But you'd rather have a qb that has never won a playoff game play in the SB instead of Eli? Seriously?

I hear this stuff constantly - it just amazing how some peeps just HATE Eli, and no matter what he does, will never give him any props.

Guarantee if we win Sunday, this guy will have 50 excuses how this 2 time superbowl winner still stinks.

Re: Egals fan and Eli

He sounds like a bitter Eagle fan.

The conversation should have ended the second he said "Eli is average at best"

Giants fan since the early 80s

The Eagles and their fans are irelevent . I could care less what they think about Eli Manning

Why wouldn't an Eagle fan hate Eli? If I was an Eagle fan I would hate that the Giants had a HOF bound champion QB. Heck, the Eagles have never had a QB even close to as good as Eli and I've hated all of them.

sorry , but you lost me when you admitted having eagle fans for friends.

slap yourself , and repent you sinner !
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

Even if you include Stafford (which is crazy), that's only 5 QBs ahead of Eli. Being # 6 is pretty darn good.

Funny that he didn't put Vick ahead of Eli.

You agreed to Ben being better than Eli? What planet do you live on?

[quote user="DandyDon"]I asked him what QBs were better. He said the ususal: Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Big Ben. I agreed, and asked who else? Took him 5 minutes of thinking, then he says Stafford.[/quote]

well, at least he didn't say Vick! (beat me to it, JJ)

Starter

[quote user="nygpolishpunk"]You agreed to Ben being better than Eli? What planet do you live on?
    [/quote]

this.

Veteran

[quote user="nygpolishpunk"]You agreed to Ben being better than Eli? What planet do you live on?
    [/quote]

Ben's got 2 rings. Nuff said.

Monday Eli will be better ;-)