+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JB456 View Post

2) I have been to a game where someone was getting angry that I was standing during important parts of the game and I basically told them to deal with it.
    So you think it is ok to prevent somebody else from watching the important parts of the game? Can your feet not stamp, hands not clap, mouth not cheer and eyes not see when you are sitting down? Jump up and cheer after the play. Would you be ok if you paid to go to a game and the people in front of you forced you to wear a blindfold whenever there was an important situation in the game?

1:00 Giants fans tend to be older. Lots of long standing season ticket holders.
    4:00 and night game crowds are different. Much younger, much more boisterous.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jmike View Post
    hmm, so you think because you paid for a seat you think it is ok to prevent anyone behind you who also paid for a seat from watching the game? I don't go to a lot of games and that is among the reasons why, if anybody stands up in the couple of rows in front of me, I can't see even if I am standing. Nobody is stopping your from making as much noise as you want with your butt in your seat. Sure stand up and cheer for a score, but sit back down, have a bit of consideration for those behind you.
    Oh shut up... the seats are staggered so that if you are sitting behind you can still see the field, you will not completely be blocked out. People pay money just like others and if they want to stand or sit then they can its not up to someone to tell people to sit down... i would turn around and say **** you. People are hyped they are at a team game they are excited and the adrenaline will keep them engaged.

you sound like the type of fan to be quite on opposing offense drives at a game.

Banned
    crowd noise affects games, if you wanna sit and be quite do it on offense, but if the defense on the field then you need to get your geriatric *** up and blow them old *** lungs out.

Quote Originally Posted by Smith&Nicks View Post
    Oh shut up... the seats are staggered so that if you are sitting behind you can still see the field, you will not completely be blocked out. People pay money just like others and if they want to stand or sit then they can its not up to someone to tell people to sit down... i would turn around and say **** you. People are hyped they are at a team game they are excited and the adrenaline will keep them engaged.

you sound like the type of fan to be quite on opposing offense drives at a game.
    I had a feeling this thread would turn ugly.
    Good going.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

crowd noise affects games, if you wanna sit and be quite do it on offense, but if the defense on the field then you need to get your geriatric *** up and blow them old *** lungs out.
    I think it's great to be told what kind of fan to be.
    That always goes over well.

I'm 4'11", if somebody is standing in front of me, I can't see. I only pick up a couple of inches from sitting to standing. I am very far from a quiet person at a game. Problem is, if somebody stands up, then everybody behind them has to stand up and somebody back there might be as short as me. It's called consideration for others.

Nobody is asking you to be quiet, they are asking you not to block their view of the game they wish to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by jmike View Post
    I'm 4'11", if somebody is standing in front of me, I can't see. I only pick up a couple of inches from sitting to standing. I am very far from a quiet person at a game. Problem is, if somebody stands up, then everybody behind them has to stand up and somebody back there might be as short as me. It's called consideration for others.
    It's your fault for being to small. If you want to be a good fan you need to grow a few inches.
    I would say 5 inches more would make you a good fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    It's your fault for being to small. If you want to be a good fan you need to grow a few inches.
    I would say 5 inches more would make you a good fan.
    I've tried standing on my seat in situations like that, but then the ushers come by and tell me to get off. Or more to the point they tell somebody standing next to me to keep their daughter from standing on the seat. Love that.