+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jmike View Post
    I've tried standing on my seat in situations like that, but then the ushers come by and tell me to get off. Or more to the point they tell somebody standing next to me to keep their daughter from standing on the seat. Love that.
    It's much more important that YOU measure up as a fan than a guy not ruining your day at the stadium.

In other words...no one cares about anybody but themselves these days.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    It's much more important that YOU measure up as a fan than a guy not ruining your day at the stadium.

In other words...no one cares about anybody but themselves these days.
    Pretty much what I took from this thread.

Pretty much what I took from this thread.
    I can tolerate the 1:00 games. But those night games are a nightmare.
    nothing but 25 year old drunks. I will never go to another Giants night game. If I was a diminutive lady like yourself...it would be scary actually.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

Quote Originally Posted by JB456 View Post
    There are two sides of the coin here my man and I have been on the giving and receiving end of this situation.

1) I went to Giants game and dolled out good money and had to deal with another fan standing the WHOLE time. This was complete nonsense. I ended up saying something and mentioned that I understood why someone would stand on 3rd down, a pivotal drive or a scoring situation.

2) I have been to a game where someone was getting angry that I was standing during important parts of the game and I basically told them to deal with it. I understood that the person paid good money for the seat but I am not going to act like a corpse the entire game and show less excitement than I do if i watch the game at a bar or my house with friends.

So the question is, are you that person that stands for the majority of the game (on first down in the 1st quarter) or are you standing in important situations?
    I Stand on third down. Other down I am in my seat cheering.

1:00 Giants fans tend to be older. Lots of long standing season ticket holders.
    4:00 and night game crowds are different. Much younger, much more boisterous.
    Would agree 100%.

I can tolerate the 1:00 games. But those night games are a nightmare.
    nothing but 25 year old drunks. I will never go to another Giants night game. If I was a diminutive lady like yourself...it would be scary actually.
    I don't go to NFL games anymore. The only live games I go to now are UPenn or Villanova.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGiants2120 View Post
    I Stand on third down. Other down I am in my seat cheering.
    Why not stand before and after third down?

My vantage point is a little different since I sit in the upper tier and the seating angle is steeper. When someone stands in front of me, I can usually stay seated and lean to the left or right and see just fine. What irks me is that someone will stand up while for 5 rows in front, everyone is seated. So they are not standing up because their view is blocked. I don't say anything....except if its an opposing team's fan. Last week, there was an obnoxious Cowboys fan. He was up constantly, getting in everyone's face, even when Zeke lost yardage. He even started his BS saying that the Cowboys had more championships than us. I had to correct him and remind him that he can not discount the 4 NFL titles before the Super Bowls. I'm 43 and an old school fan. I behave like an old school season ticket holder, but understand that there is a new style fan coming to games now, and just adjust. Sometimes, if it gets too much, I'll say to them, scoot down a little. Cheer, make noise, go bat-**** for the Giants, I don't care. Just be mindful of people behind you. That's all. It really depends on the fan. A lot of old school fans just yell "sit down" in their raspy voice. But if you're cool with the other fan, they are more apt to be cool back.

I don't go to NFL games anymore. The only live games I go to now are UPenn or Villanova.
    What's Penn's nickname?.....The Pocket Protectors?

And yes, going to a game can be very scary for me. Would never, ever go alone. I think I told you about my first NFL game. Eagles v. Vikings (I think). My dad had to take us out of there before the opening kick off because we were having beers and wet towls and toilet paper being throw on us because I wore my Giants winter coat to the game. Dad took us to security and they said it was his fault that was happening because of what he let me wear and they could do anything about it. So we left, I was 11 or 12 at the time.