+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I like D'Onta Foreman from Texas too.
    He's a tough RB too. He was a fun player to watch on a pretty rough Texas team.

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Mock Draft
    1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
    4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
    6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
    Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Tonight's loss showed a lot. Eli is a game manager at this point. We have to help him be just that. FA and the draft should be mostly on the offensive side. A TE like Howard should be our top priority.

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    Tonight's loss showed a lot. Eli is a game manager at this point. We have to help him be just that. FA and the draft should be mostly on the offensive side. A TE like Howard should be our top priority.
    Yeah, tonight is brutal. Perkins gets half the drives, but is so much more effective than Jennings. I can't even say Perkins is even remotely a liability in pass protection like he used to be. Jennings just doesn't have the burst... he had some good chunk runs through massive holes that's it really.

Adams is a guy I'm really high on at TE. Like Perkins, he's in this almost every other drive situation with Tye.. I'd rather let the better blocker (had a fairly rough night tonight honestly in that department though) at TE almost every time. He's just as good as a receiver too. Might not be as fast, but at least Adams is capable of getting some YAC. Tye always gets tackled by the first guy that touches him.

That being said, I agree that TE is an area that would seriously help Eli out if he had a really solid threat there. Hard to find anything wrong with Howard in the first... fills a need at a position that could come to be very valuable with a threat there

Mock Draft
    Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

I figured I would make another mock quick, because I am going to be riding in the car for about 7 hours and it will give me something to do. I will post highlights and/or scouting reports when I can. For now I will just type my reasoning for the pick and what I think of them as a player.

1st round- OJ Howard TE Alabama- I have been talked into it. After rewatching him I think he is going to be as close to a sure thing as you can get for a guy if he can stay healthy and get on a team that knows how to utilize a TE. His blocking is great. He blocks seriously almost as good as OT's in college football right now. I have seen him block STUD DE's 1 on 1 with no problem. He looks like a WR when he catches the ball too. He uses his hands and is a monster after the catch. Don't look at the numbers when you are judging him. Alabama doesn't use him right.. It really is a shame, because he could be in the convo for a top 5-10 pick if he was used properly. He is used mostly as a blocker, which he does extremely well, but he is too talented to be limited to just a blocker and an underneath route guy. He will occasionally run something downfield and you will see his mobility. If he is there when we pick I would absolutely love to have him on this team

2nd round- Dorian Johnson OG Pittsburgh- This guy is fun to watch. I was watching a lot of James Conner and he kept flashing to me. He has a great motor. He plays to the whistle and has a nasty streak to him. He looks really athletic for a guard (honestly looks like someone who could be a possible tackle candidate with his athleticism). We definitely could use help on the OL. Johnson would solidify the youth movement on the OL. He is a fun player to watch.

3rd round- D'Onta Foreman RB Texas- He is a big RB that I think would be a nice fit alongside Perkins in the future. He is a really tough runner and was on the bright spots on a bad Texas team. He is projected to go in the 3rd on CBS Sports (which I am using to make this), but I think he when it is all said and done he will be someone who rises as the draft approaches.

4th round- Jalen Reeves-Maybin LB Tennessee- Like I said in my first mock, he is someone I really like. I was wanting him last year, but he decided to return. He may not be the biggest hitter, but he is a tackling machine. I watched him vs Oklahoma last year and he had something crazy like 22 tackles. I really like the value in the 4th round.

5th round- Tarell Basham DE Ohio- He is a guy that I've seen a few clips on and he showed some nice potential in them. He is obviously a guy that didn't play the best competition necessarily, but he was productive. If we don't bring JPP back I would like to see them address DE earlier than the 5th, but I was changing it up from the first one I did. I think he could be a solid rotational DE to throw in there with guys like Okwara, Owa, etc whenever OV and JPP need a rest

6th round- Quincy Adeboyejo WR Ole Miss- Big talented WR that made a lot of big plays for Ole Miss throughout the years. He can be a deep threat although he doesn't necessarily have the best speed. In the 6th round I think this would be a solid pick. A 6'3 WR with big play ability. He is able to break tackles and has shown he can be pretty physical for a WR. At the very least, I think he can become a solid ST's guy, which is fine for 6th round pick.

7th round- Emmanuel Holder FB Towson- He is a physical blocker who is capable of making some plays when he gets the ball. He is 260 and is a good blocking FB. I have seen a lot of people throughout the year ask for a FB and ask why we don't have a FB, so I decided to pick one with the 7th round pick in this mock. We don't use one often, but I think he could contribute on ST's and be effective when needed on offense

Mock Draft

Veteran
    I don't believe Foreman will make it to the 3rd round. Unless, there is some hidden fact about his health or character.

Would be completely happy with your 2nd mock. Fills every need that we have. If I had to do one, here is what I would do:

1. OJ Howard - TE Bama
    2. Carlos Watkins - DT Clemson
    3. Nico Siragusa - OG San Diego State
    4. Jeremy McNichols - RB Boise State
    5. Hasaan Red**** - LB Temple
    6. Bug Howard - WR North Carolina
    7. Derek Rivers - DE Youngstown State

Bench Player
    I honestly don't think D'onta Foreman will make it past the second round, but i love that pick to pair with Perkins and the OJ Howard would be a great addition also.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    I figured I would make another mock quick, because I am going to be riding in the car for about 7 hours and it will give me something to do. I will post highlights and/or scouting reports when I can. For now I will just type my reasoning for the pick and what I think of them as a player.

1st round- OJ Howard TE Alabama- I have been talked into it. After rewatching him I think he is going to be as close to a sure thing as you can get for a guy if he can stay healthy and get on a team that knows how to utilize a TE. His blocking is great. He blocks seriously almost as good as OT's in college football right now. I have seen him block STUD DE's 1 on 1 with no problem. He looks like a WR when he catches the ball too. He uses his hands and is a monster after the catch. Don't look at the numbers when you are judging him. Alabama doesn't use him right.. It really is a shame, because he could be in the convo for a top 5-10 pick if he was used properly. He is used mostly as a blocker, which he does extremely well, but he is too talented to be limited to just a blocker and an underneath route guy. He will occasionally run something downfield and you will see his mobility. If he is there when we pick I would absolutely love to have him on this team

2nd round- Dorian Johnson OG Pittsburgh- This guy is fun to watch. I was watching a lot of James Conner and he kept flashing to me. He has a great motor. He plays to the whistle and has a nasty streak to him. He looks really athletic for a guard (honestly looks like someone who could be a possible tackle candidate with his athleticism). We definitely could use help on the OL. Johnson would solidify the youth movement on the OL. He is a fun player to watch.

3rd round- D'Onta Foreman RB Texas- He is a big RB that I think would be a nice fit alongside Perkins in the future. He is a really tough runner and was on the bright spots on a bad Texas team. He is projected to go in the 3rd on CBS Sports (which I am using to make this), but I think he when it is all said and done he will be someone who rises as the draft approaches.

4th round- Jalen Reeves-Maybin LB Tennessee- Like I said in my first mock, he is someone I really like. I was wanting him last year, but he decided to return. He may not be the biggest hitter, but he is a tackling machine. I watched him vs Oklahoma last year and he had something crazy like 22 tackles. I really like the value in the 4th round.

5th round- Tarell Basham DE Ohio- He is a guy that I've seen a few clips on and he showed some nice potential in them. He is obviously a guy that didn't play the best competition necessarily, but he was productive. If we don't bring JPP back I would like to see them address DE earlier than the 5th, but I was changing it up from the first one I did. I think he could be a solid rotational DE to throw in there with guys like Okwara, Owa, etc whenever OV and JPP need a rest

6th round- Quincy Adeboyejo WR Ole Miss- Big talented WR that made a lot of big plays for Ole Miss throughout the years. He can be a deep threat although he doesn't necessarily have the best speed. In the 6th round I think this would be a solid pick. A 6'3 WR with big play ability. He is able to break tackles and has shown he can be pretty physical for a WR. At the very least, I think he can become a solid ST's guy, which is fine for 6th round pick.

7th round- Emmanuel Holder FB Towson- He is a physical blocker who is capable of making some plays when he gets the ball. He is 260 and is a good blocking FB. I have seen a lot of people throughout the year ask for a FB and ask why we don't have a FB, so I decided to pick one with the 7th round pick in this mock. We don't use one often, but I think he could contribute on ST's and be effective when needed on offense
    I would prefer bucky hodges out of Virginia Tech for our first round pick I feel like he is more of a polished pass catcher other then that I agree with the rest

Quote Originally Posted by NYG2 View Post
    I would prefer bucky hodges out of Virginia Tech for our first round pick I feel like he is more of a polished pass catcher other then that I agree with the rest
    Hodges gets more opportunities to show his receiving skills. Howard has top level athleticism but Bama's scheme does not feature the TE. And Howard is a far better blocker than Hodges. I would take Hodges in round 2 if Howard and Butt are gone.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    Hodges gets more opportunities to show his receiving skills. Howard has top level athleticism but Bama's scheme does not feature the TE. And Howard is a far better blocker than Hodges. I would take Hodges in round 2 if Howard and Butt are gone.
    That's true either way wouldn't be mad if we picked either one both seem like good players the only thing is Jerry Reese can't go back to his old drafting ways where he just picks players in the first 3 rounds from one side of the ball and then gets players in round 4-7 that have had injury plagued college season on the other side of the ball hoping they will pan out. Lets not forget that we were the worst defense last year and going on a free agency spending spree won't always work.