+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eli and Edelman

Eli and Edelman

Wide reciever Edelman played 27 plays as a db against the ravens,mostly against the slot guy.Ours is Cruz.The 1st thing Eli will look for on every play is if Edelman is on the field.I would think that every time he'll look there as his 1st option.Not that the Pats starting dbs from rutgers and hofstra cut numerous times aren't ripe to pic on.I don't see how the Pat's can cover our wideouts.Maybe Belichick will pull out the 91 bills defense and rush 2 or 3 and dare us to run,which we can do.The Pats have 8 sacks postseason but pressure and hits have no effect on Eli.Unlike the 91 bills,the Giants aren't 1 dimensual.And he doesn't have the 91 Giants defense.If turnovers are equal and Bill leavy isn't on the field we should beat this team.We won the turnover battle against the packers and 9ers,the highest plus turnover teams in the nfl.The Pats beat the Ravens -3 turnovers.They do that sunday they get blown out.

Bench Player

Re: Eli and Edelman

I think a lot of people are underestimating this guy, Bellichick isn't stupid. He has him our there for a reason, and underestimating him could come back and haunt us.

[quote user="LvGiants"]I think a lot of people are underestimating this guy, Bellichick isn't stupid. He has him our there for a reason, and underestimating him could come back and haunt us.[/quote]

Have you seen him play?

He's a weak link in there defensive backfield.

I expect the Giants to devise plays to attack him if he's on the field as a db.

Giants fan since the early 80s

i hope Eli does find Edelman as the weak line in their secondary to the point where Eli does beat him for 3-4 tds.

turnovers are critical and always are. anything that wins this game for the Giants is ok with me.

Belichick has him there because he doesn't have any better options.His starting DB's are from Rutgers and Hofstra,cut numerous times.Backups or nickel backs at best.That's Belichicks arrogance.Remember him trading his best pass rusher to the raiders for a draft pick?He thinks his system will work regardless.That 07 Pats defense was 4th ranked,even though they blew teams out and giving up yrds with leads is meaningless.This Pats defense,granted,playing much better was an embarassment most of the season.And Denver and the Ravens aren't exactly offensive juggernauts.Eli picked apart a very good 9ers defense under extreme pressure.Geez,with every post I write I can't see us losing.That really worries me.To think we're getting 3.The kiss of death.

[quote user="pica01"]Belichick has him there because he doesn't have any better options.His starting DB's are from Rutgers and Hofstra,cut numerous times.Backups or nickel backs at best.That's Belichicks arrogance.Remember him trading his best pass rusher to the raiders for a draft pick?He thinks his system will work regardless.That 07 Pats defense was 4th ranked,even though they blew teams out and giving up yrds with leads is meaningless.This Pats defense,granted,playing much better was an embarassment most of the season.And Denver and the Ravens aren't exactly offensive juggernauts.Eli picked apart a very good 9ers defense under extreme pressure.Geez,with every post I write I can't see us losing.That really worries me.To think we're getting 3.The kiss of death.[/quote]

Devan McCourtney was never cut. He was a first round pick last year that would have been rookie of the year if it wasn't for Suh.

Bench Player

Ummmm, no offense, but we (91 Bills)were not 1 dimensional... Thurman Thomas is a hall of Fame running back.

You guys one that game because your offense had two ten minute drives which kept Jim Kelly off the field practicaly the whole game.You had 41 minutes of possession to our 19.

That is what I'm scared he'll try to do in this game.

That being said,
    Go Giants

[quote user="greenca190"]
    Devan McCourtney was never cut. He was a first round pick last year that would have been rookie of the year if it wasn't for Suh.[/quote]

McCourtney has been terrible this year and was getting torched all season.

I doubt Edelman sees the field more then 15 times honestly.

You give Belicheck two weeks to prepare for the Giants and he comes up with Edelman on any of our guys, and I really question how smart this guy is. They will try to get pressure, and if it doesn't work, they are just gonna try to bump our receivers off our routes, but they can't take everyone out.

Manningham, and Beckum and Ballard will need to make the Patriots pay. Just from a formation standpoint, our offense dictates so much. If we go 4 wide, Spikes can't play D (liability in coverage), Edelman will have to (because they are that depleted) and the Patriots have to magically field a decent secondary.

They don't have our front four, or three, because frankly, I have no ****ing clue if they play a 34 or 43 defense to make us compromise our offense like they will have to for our defense.

When i say one dimensional I mean that everything ran out of the shotgun and you didn't even want to run the ball.Not that you couldn't run,thomas was a hall of famer.It's just not what the Bill's wanted to do.It is,however,what the Giants wanted the bills to do.The Bills offense was one dimensional by choice.I'm not saying they couldn't run the ball.I'm saying they prefered to pass 75% and run off that.That was a great passing offense but you guys ran alot and thomas was great but even at 8 yards a carry that wasn't the bills offense that put 51 up against the raiders.I didn't mean one dimensional as in Nebraska or Oklahoma 70's wishbone were if you stopped it they couldn't throw it all.Like warners rams with faulk or fouts chargers with muncie and others they were about throwing it.One dimensional by choice.