+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am ABSOLUTELY sick and tired of hearing this!!!!

How many times in the past few days have we all heard... "uh oh the Giants may not win because everyone is picking them"????

WHAT???????? What does that have to do with anything that happens on the field? ZERO NOTHING

If I hear one more half wit on espn proclaim how they are "worried" because everyone is picking the Giants I am going to SCREAM.

2 weeks in between the conference championship and the Superbowl is too long. Enough of the nonsense!!! I want the game already!!

Starter

Re: I am ABSOLUTELY sick and tired of hearing this!!!!

I agree dude, Its been all over New York Radio this week as well. Kim Jones Picked the Pats this afternoon on Mike because everyone is picking the Giants.

God forbid the better team actually be favored to win the game.

Bench Player

i guess they are running out of crap to babble about so they are clogging the air waves with this nonsence

Check out all the threads - there are many half
    Wits ( and NO wits ) on this board. ! There are many
    Examples of superstitious yahoos worrying about
    Their dreams and feelings influencing the outcome ......DUH

When I woke up this morning and looked at the clock, my first thought was, 'less than 36 hours to go! What the hell am I going to do for 36 hours?'

Turn off the TV and read a book

Tune it all out, fellas. It'll be here soon enough, and all questions will be answered
    I write differently from what I speak, I speak differently from what I think, I think differently from the way I ought to think, and so it all proceeds into deepest darkness.
    ― Franz Kafka

Hey, EA Sports' Madden was played out and the Giants won on a last second field goal by w***izname. There's another onus for the weak of constitution and mind, to latch on to.

I think I read where a couple of Walrus' also pointed to a Giants helmet.

Actually, it DOES have something to do with what happens on the field. You think the players aren't hearing this, and maybe it leads to overconfidence (and anger on the Pats side)?
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="ToomerFORtheBomb"]How many times in the past few days have we all heard... "uh oh the Giants may not win because everyone is picking them"????

WHAT???????? What does that have to do with anything that happens on the field? ZERO NOTHING

If I hear one more half wit on espn proclaim how they are "worried" because everyone is picking the Giants I am going to SCREAM.

2 weeks in between the conference championship and the Superbowl is too long. Enough of the nonsense!!! I want the game already!![/quote]
    This is so true. I get this vibe from the giants players that they really feel they can't be beat and believe they will go out and win every game
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Bench Player

[quote user="ToomerFORtheBomb"]How many times in the past few days have we all heard... "uh oh the Giants may not win because everyone is picking them"????

2 weeks in between the conference championship and the Superbowl is too long. Enough of the nonsense!!! I want the game already!![/quote]

Being that they have stats for everything these days. I would guess that the line in Vegas moved again. I have been a fan since 1970. So with my bad and sometimes failing memory, I would say that the Giants have won the majority of playoff and superbowl games where they were the underdog in Vegas. It just seems to work out that way. Don't ask me why, I'm not a football coach or a Vegas bookie, just a fan.

Having said that, I feel that the Giants will WIN tomorrow ! It will be a very good game. I just hope that it is not another "heart attack special" where they get the win in the last 45 seconds. I know I should be used to them, but I'm getting too old for that []