+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Redskins fired DC Joe Barry and released Perry Fewell. Thank god. I was hoping Fewell would be a step up as DB coach. That really didn't happen.

As for Cousins, I just hope they slap a non-exclusive franchise tag on him and let him test the FA market. If somebody wants to overpay for him, then let him walk and take 2 1st round draft picks in compensation. In the meantime, groom a QB in waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinsLifer View Post
    Redskins fired DC Joe Barry and released Perry Fewell. Thank god. I was hoping Fewell would be a step up as DB coach. That really didn't happen.

As for Cousins, I just hope they slap a non-exclusive franchise tag on him and let him test the FA market. If somebody wants to overpay for him, then let him walk and take 2 1st round draft picks in compensation. In the meantime, groom a QB in waiting.
    Fewell is a terrible coach. Just ask anybody on this board.

Fewell was not a good coach when with the Giants

All-Pro
    Might be a way to go, but who is the QB in waiting?

He should be locked up long term IMO. He has more than proven himself IMO.

He'll be a skins next year, no way they let him walk. They have no second option.

Quote Originally Posted by Glaw View Post
    He'll be a skins next year, no way they let him walk. They have no second option.
    Yeah I think they Franchise him again. 49ers are going to try hard to get him however.

I'd be very surprised if anyone would give up 2 number 1 picks for him.
    Engage brain before speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSaint View Post
    I hope they sign him for 25 mil a year.

He's overrated, one of the best pass blocking Olines in the league and a bunch of weapons but still plays like the glorified backup he is when there is even a hint of pressure.
    Agree 100 percent.
    Engage brain before speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by speedman View Post
    I'd be very surprised if anyone would give up 2 number 1 picks for him.
    Someone gave up a 1st and 4th round pick for Sammy Badford. Never underestimate the power of panicked stupidity.