+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Someone gave up a 1st and 4th round pick for Sammy Badford. Never underestimate the power of panicked stupidity.
    Good point but I still doubt it.
    Engage brain before speaking.

the one thing about Cousins is does he really want to be in Washington? listening to him in interviews he doesn't seem too interested. I think the skins will need to offer him well in excess of what hes worth to keep him long term. I know the press in this area are thinking of ways to keep him but even they are not fully convinced of his intentions.

The REDSKINS would be in deep trouble without Cousins. NO BRAINER resign Cousins.

If they can get him on a deal in the $19m-20m range then yes. If he is demanding $26m/yr then you can't give him that money and expect to be taken seriously. People seem to forget how hard it is to find a starting caliber QB, even one with some serious warts.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
    the one thing about Cousins is does he really want to be in Washington? listening to him in interviews he doesn't seem too interested. I think the skins will need to offer him well in excess of what hes worth to keep him long term. I know the press in this area are thinking of ways to keep him but even they are not fully convinced of his intentions.

Too bad. He'll be hard pressed to get that kind of protection any where else except Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
    If they can get him on a deal in the $19m-20m range then yes. If he is demanding $26m/yr then you can't give him that money and expect to be taken seriously. People seem to forget how hard it is to find a starting caliber QB, even one with some serious warts.

im in the area of the redskins and their media here are almost at panic stage about his signing. they indicate if he plays under the tag next year, hes gone for sure in 2018. i agree with them because he just doesn't seem to enjoy playing for the skins.

he keeps saying he "wants to be wanted" leading me to believe he doesn't really feel wanted.

personally i think hes gone next year.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
    he keeps saying he "wants to be wanted" leading me to believe he doesn't really feel wanted.
    That's just code for "pay me the money!"

Quote Originally Posted by DandyDon View Post
    That's just code for "pay me the money!"
    He is a career choker. He could not beat the Giants when needed to enter the playoffs. If is paid too much he will have to be given the Heimlich maneuver to dislodge any excess funds.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TEM View Post
    He is a career choker. He could not beat the Giants when needed to enter the playoffs. If is paid too much he will have to be given the Heimlich maneuver to dislodge any excess funds.
    Maybe. If I were the Skins GM I would pay him and build a team around him. It's not easy to find a "franchise" QB, but he has a lot of the tools.