+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bench Player

Patriot fan who is not so confident this time

I feel Belicheck will figure out how to slow or almost stop the Giant pass rush this time around, however, I am more concerned with Eli playing the best I have seen him while under stress. The Pats D has been great in the play offs but for how long? Againsts a real hot Eli? I think they will hit the wall in this one and get exposed by Eli.
    Gronkowski is injured, Brady played like crap in the last game etc.....
    I feel the only chance the Pats have is if Gronk is sandbagging AND Brady plays a great game. As I mentioned, I do think the Pats O line will hold up better this time around

If this game were played ten times I feel the Giants would win 6 out of 10, maybe even 7 out of 10

Re: Patriot fan who is not so confident this time

Shame on you.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Bench Player

What???? I a realist. Just because I feel they probably will not beat the Giants doesn't mean anything. I want the Patriots to win but I think it's going to take too many things going perfectly to be feasable. As I just said 6 out of 10. If Eli plays poorly and Brady has a good game I think the Pats win. Problem for me as a Pats fan is that Brady looked like crap, Gronk is injured, and that Eli is playing great.

Bench Player

Well if I were a Pats fan I`d be plenty worried,too.

It's not thatI don't agree with you, but to go on the other team's board the day before the SB and basically concedeis shameful. I wouldn't stand for someone who called himself a Giants fan doing that.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

[quote user="Ks1102"]What???? I a realist. Just because I feel they probably will not beat the Giants doesn't mean anything. I want the Patriots to win but I think it's going to take too many things going perfectly to be feasable. As I just said 6 out of 10. If Eli plays poorly and Brady has a good game I think the Pats win. Problem for me as a Pats fan is that Brady looked like crap, Gronk is injured, and that Eli is playing great.[/quote]

I dunno man...Regardless of whether I felt that way or not, I can't envision myself on the Pats board talking like that. I mean sure, we'd all be very happy to agree with you I suppose lol. But whats the point of it all?

In all honesty I think most Giants fans think this is gonna be a dog fight till the end. Sooooo, yeah...Enjoy the game, it should be a classic when it's all said and done. Until then, be a bit of a homer and enjoy the run.

[quote user="Ks1102"]I feel Belicheck will figure out how to slow or almost stop the Giant pass rush this time around, however, I am more concerned with Eli playing the best I have seen him while under stress. The Pats D has been great in the play offs but for how long? Againsts a real hot Eli? I think they will hit the wall in this one and get exposed by Eli.
    Gronkowski is injured, Brady played like crap in the last game etc.....
    I feel the only chance the Pats have is if Gronk is sandbagging AND Brady plays a great game. As I mentioned, I do think the Pats O line will hold up better this time around

If this game were played ten times I feel the Giants would win 6 out of 10, maybe even 7 out of 10[/quote]

I am not buying into the Gronk's injury. This guy will most likely have a monter game.
    "In Reese, We No Longer Trust"

[quote user="Firenugget"][quote user="Ks1102"]What???? I a realist. Just because I feel they probably will not beat the Giants doesn't mean anything. I want the Patriots to win but I think it's going to take too many things going perfectly to be feasable. As I just said 6 out of 10. If Eli plays poorly and Brady has a good game I think the Pats win. Problem for me as a Pats fan is that Brady looked like crap, Gronk is injured, and that Eli is playing great.[/quote]

I dunno man...Regardless of whether I felt that way or not, I can't envision myself on the Pats board talking like that. I mean sure, we'd all be very happy to agree with you I suppose lol. But whats the point of it all?

In all honesty I think most Giants fans think this is gonna be a dog fight till the end. Sooooo, yeah...Enjoy the game, it should be a classic when it's all said and done. Until then, be a bit of a homer and enjoy the run.
    [/quote]
    I think everyone in Pats Nation is overlooking Jacobs and Bradshaw. I have a feeling they are going to bust out for Hugh games
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

am i supposed to believe this is a real Pats fan ?

doubt it.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

[quote user="miked1958"][quote user="Firenugget"][quote user="Ks1102"]What???? I a realist. Just because I feel they probably will not beat the Giants doesn't mean anything. I want the Patriots to win but I think it's going to take too many things going perfectly to be feasable. As I just said 6 out of 10. If Eli plays poorly and Brady has a good game I think the Pats win. Problem for me as a Pats fan is that Brady looked like crap, Gronk is injured, and that Eli is playing great.[/quote]

[/quote]
    I think everyone in Pats Nation is overlooking Jacobs and Bradshaw. I have a feeling they are going to bust out for Hugh games[/quote]

Yeah I've noticed that as well. Not just Pats fans but our backs haven't been any point of discussion, really.

I can't say they're being slighted in some way because in all honesty they've had a bad year. (whether it's Oline or not). But I do agree, they do seem to step it up in big games and against certain teams. I think they'll do very well to be honest.