+ Reply to Thread
    Starter

Last time NY played NE and Gilbride

I just got done watching the replay of the last time we played NE and I became very frustrated and started yelling at the tv even thought it was a replay.

I can't count how many times Gillbride has called a passing play when we have the ball inside the 5 and its first down. At one point it was 1st and goal on the 2 and what does genius Gillbride do? Pass. Than we have a penalty and its 2nd and 7. What happens...run.

In another instance, at the end of the game, we have the ball on close to the goal line on 1st down (after the Cruz interference) and what do we do? Pass again. finally, on 2nd we give to Jacobs, gain a yard and have about a foot more to the endzone. So we pass it again and fortunately it worked out.

The entire game, and other games, we seem to come up short within the 10 yard line. We have tried passing multiple times and normally come up with the same results, a field goal or int. Doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results is the definition of insanity. I hope Gilbride uses more common sense this game and runs the ball in short down situations.

We have Jacobs for a reason. I understand he may not get 1 or 2 yards every down but I'm willing to bet he would get that 2 or 3 yards we need 2 out of 3 times.

Re: Last time NY played NE and Gilbride

Yeah well, we won. Soooo...Not sure what the problem is. Obviously they did the right things.

Sometimes Gilbride can make you scratch your head but in his defense Eli does a lot of adjusting at the line. He will audible to runs in certain situations and audible to passes in others. It's not all Gilbride's play calling

Starter

[quote user="Firenugget"]Yeah well, we won. Soooo...Not sure what the problem is. Obviously they did the right things.
    [/quote]

So I guess you have no complaints, at all, with our coaching or any other aspect of our game when we win? I wish I could think like that.

While it may be true that you can't pin all of it on Gilbride since Eli does call audibles, Gilbride is clearly not the best OC out there, his gameplan vs. 49ers in the second half was especially suspect.

Your yelling at an old game we won ? Man I can only imagine you live...

last time they played the pats, the offense did nothing until the second half.

last time in the superbowl, the offense disappeared for two straight quarters.

offense needs to get their **** squared away, and get into a rhythm early

[quote user="cfh64"][quote user="Firenugget"]Yeah well, we won. Soooo...Not sure what the problem is. Obviously they did the right things.
    [/quote]

So I guess you have no complaints, at all, with our coaching or any other aspect of our game when we win?
    I wish I could think like that.[/quote]

Bingo. W is the only thing that matters, period. I mean sure you may have some concerns coming out of it going into the next week but you're reaching way back to what, week 9 looking for problems? C'mon. I realize it was the Pats and you wanna compare but this won't be the same game and it's not the same team.

Starter

[quote user="Firenugget"][quote user="cfh64"][quote user="Firenugget"]Yeah well, we won. Soooo...Not sure what the problem is. Obviously they did the right things.
    [/quote]

So I guess you have no complaints, at all, with our coaching or any other aspect of our game when we win?
    I wish I could think like that.[/quote]

Bingo. W is the only thing that matters, period. I mean sure you may have some concerns coming out of it going into the next week but you're reaching way back to what, week 9 looking for problems? C'mon. I realize it was the Pats and you wanna compare but this won't be the same game and it's not the same team.
    [/quote]

No, it's not the same team but it's the same offensive coordinator. Not to mention, if you read what I said and have watched Gilbrides calls inside the 10 the entire year (not just last NYG NE Game) you would be concerned too. I'm not "looking" for problems, I'm concerned.

I could care less if the Giants did have the 9th ranked offense (just TD's) in the red zone this year. It should have been closer to 1st with all the opportunites we had. Sorry for being a concerned fan.