+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New York Islanders 2016-2017 Thread...

Islanders fire coach Jack Capuano, name assistant GM Doug Weight interim coach.

The Islanders have heeded their fans’ calls to “Fire Cappy.”

The Isles announced Tuesday that they have relieved coach Jack Capuano of his head coaching duties and have replaced him with assistant general manager Doug Weight on an interim basis.

"The New York Islanders would like to thank Jack for his tireless work throughout his seven seasons with the organization as Head Coach," team president and general manager Garth Snow said in a statement. "His leadership guided the team to the playoffs in three of the past four years, which included two straight 100-point seasons. He is a great coach and an even better person. We wish him nothing but the best moving forward."

Capuano, 50, has had a frustrating season after leading the Islanders to the franchise's first playoff series win since 1993 last year. The team has been at the bottom of the competitive Metropolitan Division for most of this season, registering a 17-17-8 record (42 points) over 42 games. Read more.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...icle-1.2948545

Barclays Center wants the Isles out.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...icle-1.2959904

Quote Originally Posted by darrin99 View Post
    Barclays Center wants the Isles out.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...icle-1.2959904

Please let this happen!!

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
    Please let this happen!!
    The only problem is it states that the Isles have shown no interest moving back to L.I. Is Kansas City still looking for a team?

The only problem is it states that the Isles have shown no interest moving back to L.I. Is Kansas City still looking for a team?

I doubt the idea of them moving to KC..

Twitter is exploding with rumors about a location being announced within two weeks near Citi Field. Also rumors about the Belmont site, the Pilgrim State site in Suffolk County, and of course moving back to The Barn.

At least the days at Crooklyn are numbered!

Islanders discussed possible Coliseum return

Nassau County Executive Edward Mangano said he has met with New York Islanders owner Jonathan Ledecky to discuss the team’s possible return to its former home at Nassau Coliseum.

Mangano said he requested the Nov. 17 meeting with Ledecky, who co-owns the team with Scott Malkin, to discuss a path for the team to return to Nassau. Mangano said he also holds regular meetings with Barclays management.

In a statement, Mangano said “there is a path for the Islanders to return to the new Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum where the best sight lines in NHL remain, improved attractive facilities for fans and athletes and room to add seats to accommodate the Islanders. While the decision remains with the Islanders we believe Long Island fans will make the Islanders successful in the new Coliseum.” Read more.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/n...eum-1.13039439

Barclays Center is a fail in general. I don't know who though trying to open another arena, when the Mecca of all arenas is already in town, was a good idea. I hope they move back to the Coliseum, it's where they belong.
    https://crackberry.com/sites/crackberry.com/files/styles/w325/public/images/wallpaper_20080105021921_18172263532.jpg?itok=3ohP  HkYs Don't rent out a home that you are planning to move back to. PM me if you'd ever like to hear my 2 cents and a horror story.

I don't know how much they can renovate the Coliseum. I was there for a concert not too long ago, and it's still awful. It's by far the worst arena I've ever been in. They need a new building.

Edit: I see they're doing MAJOR renovations now. I had no idea.
    Last edited by darrin99; 01-30-2017 at 11:39 PM.

I don't know how much they can renovate the Coliseum. I was there for a concert not too long ago, and it's still awful. It's by far the worst arena I've ever been in. They need a new building.

I can think of an arena that's worse than the "Old Barn"...

The new, state of the art, Barclays Center.