+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    The Patriots FO is pretty good too.
    Belichick basically is the Patriots FO.

Remember when the Patriots sucked for decades? Man, those were the days.

Quote Originally Posted by DandyDon View Post
    Belichick basically is the Patriots FO.
    I think this is the biggest key to their success; even more so than Brady (though I think they have less rings without Brady).

Belichick’s ability to be both the GM and Coach is nothing short of remarkable.

As a coach he’s a mastermind.

As a GM he’s not that great. Like he really doesn’t get many great players. But he gets players that he can and will actually use to the best of their ability.

There is no disconnect between FO and Coach, and there is no waste.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    I think this is the biggest key to their success; even more so than Brady (though I think they have less rings without Brady).

Belichick’s ability to be both the GM and Coach is nothing short of remarkable.

As a coach he’s a mastermind.

As a GM he’s not that great. Like he really doesn’t get many great players. But he gets players that he can and will actually use to the best of their ability.

There is no disconnect between FO and Coach, and there is no waste.
    Totally agree. And I think there are a lot of other coaches out there that would benefit with the same amount of control.

Quote Originally Posted by Parademon1 View Post
    As I watch NE getting ready to go to their 7th SB since 2001 & having played in their 11th AFCCG & NFL record 6th straight app, I have to ask, is it that the AFC is that much of a weaker conference with less quality QBs or are the Patriots that damn good? Since 2001, only 5 AFC QBs have started a SB & 3 of them account for 14 of the 16 SBs:

Tom Brady-7 SB app
    Peyton Manning-4 SB app
    Ben Roethlisberger-3 SB app
    Rich Gannon-1 SB app
    Joe Flacco-1 SB app

Why have the Patriots totally dominated the AFC since 2001? Is it just because of Belichick/Brady only? NE is 9-3 vs Pittsburgh since 2001, so we can eliminate the Steelers as a constant threat to NE these past 16yrs. In their 11 AFCCG app, Only the Colts/Broncos & Ravens have stopped NE from going to 11 SBs in the B&B era!. Peyton being the main threat to B&B, beating them 3x in the AFCCG as a member of the Colts/Broncos in 2006-2013-2015 & Flacco & the Ravens beat NE in the AFCCG in 2012. The Jets are the only other team to hand NE a playoff loss in the B&B era with a win in the 2010 div rd. And of course our Giants have kept B&B having 6 SB rings.

So has NE been just lucky to play in a weaker conference with less quality QBs since 2001 or would they have been just as dominant playing in the NFC?
    Think it's a little luck and some real smart personnel decisions,for the most part the AFC east almost guarantee them six conference wins it's been weak for years but has gotten better recently,when they miss on a draft pick they admit it's not a good fit and send them packing so they can move on,they trade guys in their primes that they don't want to pay it tells me they believe there scouts will find someone to fill what ever role that player filled at a high level they run a solid operation,they are good with a little luck.

It's both Brady and Belichick.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Don't get me wrong. It's still impressive to be consistently good and Belichick is a legit coach.

But it's impossible to ignore the cakewalk they've gotten for nearly two decades now during the regular season and the effect it's had on them reaching the SB.

Because other than 2007 and the dynasty days, the Pats really haven't fielded an overwhelmingly good team. The '15 Panthers are a better team than any team the Pats have fielded other than those years.

The difference is the Pats get more opportunities to cash in, and quite frankly they owe it to an unusual set of circumstances regarding a weak division.

The NFCE has 5 guys right now that you could consider franchise QBs. 5!

That's 4 more than the AFCE has provided since 2001. It's just insane.
    Thinking about it not only is it easy for them to be 6-0 every year in the AFCE because the other three are bad. But also being bad has meant those three have also list a good majority of their out if division games as well. So the Pats are hardly ever challenged in that Division and usually have it wrapped up with a month still left in the season. Pretty pathetic.

BB has been their Coach going on 17 years now. One guy ... 17 years. Without looking it up I would just be guessing but how many coaches combined has the other three teams gone through in that same time span??? Maybe 10 at about 3 guys each?? Maybe more??
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Surely the AFC East has been bad most of the years.

who's dumb enough to believe that comeback was real? not me.
    right? only the best of the best make the league but only one team dominates? when are going to grow up and realize its entertainment?

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    who's dumb enough to believe that comeback was real? not me.
    right? only the best of the best make the league but only one team dominates? when are going to grow up and realize its entertainment?
    Everyone in the world but you. You are apparently the smartest person in the world.