+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

We played horribly week 9 and still won

Without Nicks AND Bradshaw.

The game was on the NFL Network Replay it still is on, I can't sleep so I was watching it of course.

Let me tell you something, we played poorly on offense, and had some lapses on defense, and we still should have blown them out. The score was much closer than the actual play. That redzone int was on Eli, but I also noticed watching the replay that Pascoe also did a piss poor job of running his route. He practically gives up mid way and makes the cardinal sin of following the ball with his helmet to blatantly signal the defender "ok forget about him". Had Pascoe run his route correctly, Arrington doesn't even get the chance to track the ball.

Also, Wilfork seemed to cause no problems. The only issue was free blitzers off the edge.

And I hear some analysts say that the 07 Pats team is different than this one, and their two te set will negate our pass rush. Well, with a healthy Gronks and Hernadez in week 9 staying in to help with the blocking, our pass rush was still severely messing up Brady's rhythm.

Ross muffed a punt, D.Thomas almost muffed a kick return. Dropped passes, Cruz was double teamed and still made an impact...

I'm telling you, I was very confident before, after seeing this replay, I am like at cloud 9. Eli had an avg game for him and seriously we still should have destroyed them. At one point we should have led 17-0...

With Nicks and Bradshaw along with Prince, Baas, and Hynoski...I honestly have a very hard time seeing how NE even keeps it close. Not being a homer at all on this, just going by what I see from these two teams playing week 9 IN NE.

MM was also banged up too. Just saying, if anyone is having trouble waiting for the game, rewatch the week 9 matchup.

Giants can't start slow that'll be the only way NE can stick around. We start fast, it's going to be extremely difficult for NE. ANd like I said in another thread I started, NE can try different defensive looks, but you CANNOT scheme to stop double routes unless your willing to concede coverages on wr's, and you do that against us we're scoring real fast.

So stoked for this game. Cannot wait AT ALL.

Re: We played horribly week 9 and still won

[quote user="giantsfan420"]Without Nicks AND Bradshaw.

The game was on the NFL Network Replay it still is on, I can't sleep so I was watching it of course.

Let me tell you something, we played poorly on offense, and had some lapses on defense, and we still should have blown them out. The score was much closer than the actual play. That redzone int was on Eli, but I also noticed watching the replay that Pascoe also did a piss poor job of running his route. He practically gives up mid way and makes the cardinal sin of following the ball with his helmet to blatantly signal the defender "ok forget about him". Had Pascoe run his route correctly, Arrington doesn't even get the chance to track the ball.

Also, Wilfork seemed to cause no problems. The only issue was free blitzers off the edge.

And I hear some analysts say that the 07 Pats team is different than this one, and their two te set will negate our pass rush. Well, with a healthy Gronks and Hernadez in week 9 staying in to help with the blocking, our pass rush was still severely messing up Brady's rhythm.

Ross muffed a punt, D.Thomas almost muffed a kick return. Dropped passes, Cruz was double teamed and still made an impact...

I'm telling you, I was very confident before, after seeing this replay, I am like at cloud 9. Eli had an avg game for him and seriously we still should have destroyed them. At one point we should have led 17-0...

With Nicks and Bradshaw along with Prince, Baas, and Hynoski...I honestly have a very hard time seeing how NE even keeps it close. Not being a homer at all on this, just going by what I see from these two teams playing week 9 IN NE.

MM was also banged up too. Just saying, if anyone is having trouble waiting for the game, rewatch the week 9 matchup.

Giants can't start slow that'll be the only way NE can stick around. We start fast, it's going to be extremely difficult for NE. ANd like I said in another thread I started, NE can try different defensive looks, but you CANNOT scheme to stop double routes unless your willing to concede coverages on wr's, and you do that against us we're scoring real fast.

So stoked for this game. Cannot wait AT ALL.[/quote]
    I think both MM and Cruz were just coming back off injuries and were not in full beast mode.. And as u said no nicks or AB. No Hynoski to block so running game was severely depleted.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought we didnt have some D players also...

Was Boley and Osi both playing

4-New York Giants!!!!!

[quote user="miked1958"]Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought we didnt have some D players also...

Was Boley and Osi both playing[/quote]

yes boley and osi both played but we were w/o prince and some depth db's.

also, i find it flat wrong when people say "oh aikmans a fair analyst" or whatever. watch that week 9 game and listen to aikman. by the way he called the game, eli should have been picked 9 times, threw it up off his back foot up for grabs every other pass, and was throwing it at the Patriot safeties.

THANK GOD WE WON'T HAVE TO LISTEN TO AIKMAN AND BUCK CALL THE GAME TMRW.

whose calling it? collingsworth and michaels? the normal nbc sunday night crew?

Yes.. I like them a lot better.

Troy is a eli hater and so is Steve young

4-New York Giants!!!!!

[quote user="miked1958"]Yes.. I like them a lot better.

Troy is a eli hater and so is Steve young[/quote]

dude, how stoked are you bout this game. i know me and u are on the same line of thinking bout what transpires tmrw.

got an amazing feeling bout this game and what eli will be able to do. i cannot see how ne will be able to contain our offense. even if we turn the ball over a couple times, which knock on wood, wont happen, the pats will have to play absolutely perfect football and force us into having one of our worst games of the season. knock on wood, cannot see how that happens at all. us playing avg. still beats ne if they're on their game

and i full out expect excellent execution on both sides. i really believe eli is going to have one of the greatest sb performances of all time.

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="miked1958"]Yes.. I like them a lot better.

dude, how stoked are you bout this game. i know me and u are on the same line of thinking bout what transpires tmrw.

got an amazing feeling bout this game and what eli will be able to do. i cannot see how ne will be able to contain our offense. even if we turn the ball over a couple times, which knock on wood, wont happen, the pats will have to play absolutely perfect football and force us into having one of our worst games of the season. knock on wood, cannot see how that happens at all. us playing avg. still beats ne if they're on their game

and i full out expect excellent execution on both sides. i really believe eli is going to have one of the greatest sb performances of all time.[/quote]
    Totally stoked which is why I can't sleep right now!!

I think Eli has his BEST GAME as a Pro tomorrow.. One of those immortal games with like over 400 yards passing on 33of40 for 4tds and even runs one in.......lol

The D destroys Brady and the pats and causes several turnovers which we turn to points...

NE gets a late garbage time TD that doesn't matter as our first stringers are already on sidelines celebrating

4-New York Giants!!!!!

[quote user="miked1958"][quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="miked1958"]Yes.. I like them a lot better.

and i full out expect excellent execution on both sides. i really believe eli is going to have one of the greatest sb performances of all time.[/quote]

I think Eli has his BEST GAME as a Pro tomorrow.. One of those immortal games with like over 400 yards passing on 33of40 for 4tds and even runs one in.......lol

The D destroys Brady and the pats and causes several turnovers which we turn to points...

NE gets a late garbage time TD that doesn't matter as our first stringers are already on sidelines celebrating[/quote]
    Oh... And by the way...check the Sig......
    We win by 21
    38-17

4-New York Giants!!!!!

[quote user="miked1958"][quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="miked1958"]Yes.. I like them a lot better.

NE gets a late garbage time TD that doesn't matter as our first stringers are already on sidelines celebrating[/quote]
    Oh... And by the way...check the Sig......
    We win by 21
    38-17

4-New York Giants!!!!!

I'm with you guys that when it comes to the x's and o's, the matchups are enough to make you giddy. I just know Giants football though and think that somehow, someway, it'll still end up coming down to the wire and having me worrying about a potential hospital trip. I just hope they can execute and capitalize and not keep Tom Brady hanging around again.