+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OL Strategy?

Quote Originally Posted by huckleberryeli View Post
    They want him at guard because their depth was on young tackles that they are trying to develop. It's a risk worth taking when your window is two years before you lose your qb. Why not take the only guy who can lock down the blindside of eli? If it doesnt work out you are out of his contract when you need to rebuild anyway. I dont see the downside or the risk really
    The risk is the money can be spent on needs that do not include a 35 year old. I would rather sign The dark unicorn to help give Flowers the assistance he needs. He would help build his confidence and mentor him into a good LT for half of Wentworth would be.

All I know is that Flowers better be training somewhere right now improving his technique. He's going to have to play somewhere on the line next year.

I noticed a lot of the mocks showing LT Cam Robinson out of Alabama dropping in the latest mocks. He was showing top 10 for awhile now on some of the latest Mocks they have him being selected after the Giants pick going at #25/26???

Something to do with the felony charges back in May 2016??

Wasn't that the one where he and some teammates were at some park at 3am and routine patrol found drugs and a pistol under his seat he said wasn't his??

Charges got dropped by the LA judge who said he didn't want to ruin the lives of these kids over a stupid mistake. Which was odd because it happened in LSU Country so you think he'd throw the book at them seeing LSU has been unable to beat Bama in years lol

But I guess my question is if he was to drop that far why wouldn't the Mocks show the Giants taking him

They already whiffed on Tunsil last year so...
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    I noticed a lot of the mocks showing LT Cam Robinson out of Alabama dropping in the latest mocks. He was showing top 10 for awhile now on some of the latest Mocks they have him being selected after the Giants pick going at #25/26???

Wasn't that the one where he and some teammates were at some park at 3am and routine patrol found drugs and a pistol under his seat he said wasn't his??

Charges got dropped by the LA judge who said he didn't want to ruin the lives of these kids over a stupid mistake. Which was odd because it happened in LSU Country so you think he'd throw the book at them seeing LSU has been unable to beat Bama in years lol

But I guess my question is if he was to drop that far why wouldn't the Mocks show the Giants taking him

Tonsil was much better than Cam. Cam is really similar to Ereck Flowers , plus he has off the field issues, no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Darien4498 View Post
    Tonsil was much better than Cam. Cam is really similar to Ereck Flowers , plus he has off the field issues, no thanks.
    Seemed to hold up pretty well over past few years against some tough SEC Defenses and Clemson twice. I would agree he is not on Tunsil's level but no one is this year in an overall weak OL Class

But I would not put him in Flowers class. Much better
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Starter
    Draft a LT. (Lamp or Ramcyzk)
    Sign 2 FA. RT, RG. (Remmers, Leary/Lang)

Am undecided on Flowers, whether to give him a shot at G, or to see what we can get for him in a trade.
    1-Forrest Lamp-(OT-Western Kentucky)
    2-DeMarcus Walker-(DE-Florida State)
    3-Wayne Gallman-(RB-Clemson)
    3-Anthony Walker-(ILB-Northwestern)
    4-KD Cannon-(WR-Baylor)
    6-Joshua Dobbs-(QB-Tennessee)

Quote Originally Posted by TEM View Post
    The risk is the money can be spent on needs that do not include a 35 year old. I would rather sign The dark unicorn to help give Flowers the assistance he needs. He would help build his confidence and mentor him into a good LT for half of Wentworth would be.
    It has been well documented that flowers is unteachable. I think 11mm on the second best ot in football is money well spent when your team is trying to win in the next two years. There is no chance the giants win the superbowl with flowers at lt unless he makes major strides in year 3 which I doubt bases on the numerous reports of his uncoachability. But lets agree to disagree.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeeBrownn View Post
    Draft a LT. (Lamp or Ramcyzk)
    Sign 2 FA. RT, RG. (Remmers, Leary/Lang)

Am undecided on Flowers, whether to give him a shot at G, or to see what we can get for him in a trade.
    You traded a 5th and 7th round picks, for a third round pick. Explain how we get two 3rd round picks, in your mock.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post

He is a really BIG guy and I believe there are both technique and movement concerns with him playing at either OT position.

Mayock in his latest player rankings actually ranks him with the GUARDS and NOT as a tackle.

I suspect he will be on the board when the Giants pick at #23 -- I suppose they could take him and start him off at RT. If we secure an actual legit LT -- and draft Robinson for RT ---- maybe (in theory) we could end up with a new right side of line with Flowers (RG) and Robinson (RT).

I don't expect the above to play out though.

Veterans! Should got all Veterans and maybe so Developmental guys behind the veterans to develop later in the draft. They tried drafting a Line with Flowers, Pugh and Richburg, things are just not progressing fast enough for a 36 year old QB like Eli with only a few years left and also we been without a consistent running game for far too long now. This is a AWFUL year for Offensive Line ion this coming draft anyway! None of them comes in and fix our weaknesses as a Rookie!

+ Reply to Thread