+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Branden Albert

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy Rich View Post
    I agree, but if you want JPP it's going to be a 4-5 year deal. And it is a win now scenario. We have 2-3 years left and we need to make a SB run in 2017.
    I agree that we will have to give JPP a long term deal. And that is why I think he will be elsewhere next season.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    wtf

    Apparently there's some team trying to trade for Albert. I live in South FL, and one of the beat writers for the Dolphins say DRC was a possibility.
    was that the same beat writer who said DRC is on a bad, unattractive contract? cause i stopped reading his tweets when he said that

  3. #23
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,509
    Quote Originally Posted by ELIte4MVP View Post
    was that the same beat writer who said DRC is on a bad, unattractive contract? cause i stopped reading his tweets when he said that
    Yeah. I had read earlier an article saying the Dolphins were going to be targeting a top CB. Then seeing the article stating Dolphins pulled back on waving Albert because 1 team had called them to talk about a potential trade.

    I'm not one of the guys here who believes DRC is irreplaceable -- primarily because I think the Giants have concerns with him off-field and with injuries/age.

    If they really like Albert I could see them potentially doing a DRC swap -- especially if they think they can plug him in at LT. He makes north of $10M I believe and DRC $8M -- think both may be on 1 year deals next year.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    He is definitely an upgrade ... when healthy
    He's actually worse than flowers.
    Allowed 39 pressures, right up there with flowers but is a terrible run blocker.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingBlue123 View Post
    Yeah. I had read earlier an article saying the Dolphins were going to be targeting a top CB. Then seeing the article stating Dolphins pulled back on waving Albert because 1 team had called them to talk about a potential trade.

    I'm not one of the guys here who believes DRC is irreplaceable -- primarily because I think the Giants have concerns with him off-field and with injuries/age.

    If they really like Albert I could see them potentially doing a DRC swap -- especially if they think they can plug him in at LT. He makes north of $10M I believe and DRC $8M -- think both may be on 1 year deals next year.
    If DRC has to go for a tackle, I would rather we swap him for Joe Thomas.

  6. #26
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    959
    If the Dolphins want DRC, they have to give picks.

  7. #27
    All-Pro TCHOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    15,401
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSaint View Post
    He's actually worse than flowers.
    Allowed 39 pressures, right up there with flowers but is a terrible run blocker.
    He's not worse than Flowers

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    He's not worse than Flowers
    Agree to disagree.. Because at least Flowers can run block this guy can't even do that and he's just a little bit better pass protector.

  9. #29
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,509
    Quote Originally Posted by facundogabriel View Post
    If the Dolphins want DRC, they have to give picks.
    Very difficult for me to value NFL players/trades -- just different from baseball/basketball but I was thinking --- if and only if Giants really like Albert.

    Albert and Dolphins 4th rounder (in a very deep draft) for DRC?

    Does that sound fair or horrible -- not sure.

  10. #30
    Looks like the Jags may be a destination for him in a swap for Julius Thomas:

    http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/sp...133322754.html

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts