+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Here's what I think...

PATRIOTS RUTHLESSLY CUT TIQUAN UNDERWOOD DAY BEFORE SUPER BOWL

When I first read this story it didn't make sense to me. To what end would they cut a player the night before the Siper Bowl. YES, he's not a playmaker, still they've knew that all season. They replaced him with a DE off the practice squad so they feel they're flush with their receivers. Still, it's hard to fathom.

UNLESS, as is often the case in games of chicken and chess, someone just blinked. And that someone is Bill Belichick. The calculating, ever prepared, never telegraphing his punches head coach of the Patriots. He's now worried about his defense in the face of a much better GIANTS' offense than they faced in November.

I think Bill may have just lost the game. CHECK MATE!

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: Here's what I think...

I agree!
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

[quote user="FBomb"]I agree![/quote]

It has to be right then []
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="FBomb"]I agree![/quote]

[/quote]

Please for the love of everything ... be right!

Scoops

PS: Not even noon yet. Time.. Y U NO GO FASTER?

[quote user="scoopscj"][quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="FBomb"]I agree![/quote]

It has to be right then* []
    [/quote]

Scoops

PS: Not even noon yet.* Time.. Y U NO GO FASTER?
    [/quote]
    If it smells like a rose, call it a rose, if it smells like ...

All In baby, GO BIG BLUE !!!!!

We may be thinking similar things - the below is what I just posted on another thread

Belichick knows that the Giants will have to spend some amount of time
    reviewing this personnel move. It may not be much time, but it will be
    some amount of time taken away from other factors of their focus. Sounds
    like a move by a man who knows he needs to pick up any and every
    advantage he can, no matter how piddling it might be. Underwood has to
    feel dumped on - and he was.

Good post.

You can look at it two ways, one they think Gronk will be effective enough and therefore they cut him. Doubtful in my opinion.

Two they still haven't worked out their secondary problems so they will change to a more Blitz oriented gameplan on defense with the DE. This is where Hynoski will come in handy and a healthy Bradshaw for Blocking and the screen game.

Ringing in the 2012 season!

[quote user="fletch842"][quote user="scoopscj"][quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="FBomb"]I agree![/quote]

[/quote]

Scoops

PS: Not even noon yet. Time.. Y U NO GO FASTER?
    [/quote]
    If it smells like a rose, call it a rose, if it smells like ...

All In baby, GO BIG BLUE !!!!![/quote]

[Y]

[quote user="Denaliman316"]Good post.

You can look at it two ways, one they think Gronk will be effective enough and therefore they cut him. Doubtful in my opinion.

Two they still haven't worked out their secondary problems so they will change to a more Blitz oriented gameplan on defense with the DE. This is where Hynoski will come in handy and a healthy Bradshaw for Blocking and the screen game.[/quote]

They KNOW their defense is woefully deficient against Eli and the Big Three, it seems to me. I posted this yesterday but it bears repeating. Pat Kirwan on SIRIUS suggested the Patriots would suffer the most from a no huddle scheme by the GIANTS offense since they do not have any quality depth on their D Line.

We always practice "stuff" we don't use during the regular season, saving it for special games/circumstances. If we've been practicing the no huddle, and I suspect we have, what better time to put the Patriots behind the "no depth" eight ball?

This also will consume the media and have them forget about the giants "talking" and website malfunctions. Thanks Mr. B!