+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Then Tiki gets fired from his media job, and Strahan becomes the media darling.

I think Strahan admitted he didn't like TC when he was first hired but at the end thanked TC towards the end and wouldn't play for anyone else. I think that's what I remember

Quote Originally Posted by Gee718 View Post
    Strahan has been very vocal about not liking TC..

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...ticle-1.226706

Tiki never almost came to blows with TC.

http://nypost.com/2016/01/04/tom-cou...-us-greatness/

The man that said "injuries are mental"......Tiki was right to call him out, Superbowl or not.......
    Strahan has openly admitted that he hated Coughlin at first, but then grew to respect him which is why he and TC have a close bond now. Tiki blasted TC during and after his playing days, which is why he still isn't close to TC. At the end of the day, Strahan didn't burn his bridges with the Giants the way Tiki did. Now, I don't personally hate Tiki, but I don't have any respect for him either.

On a side-note, what is this need lately to keep painting Tiki as some put upon victim? Tiki's own words and actions during and after his playing days created the bad blood between himself, the Giants and a large part of the Giants' fan-base yet somehow the fans who have issues with Tiki are the 'bad guys' and Tiki's the 'victim'.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Quote Originally Posted by E-Z-E View Post
    I guess I dont recall strahan going on a nationally televised show proclaiming this hatred for TC. Strahan talked about it after he found a way to get through it, he was talking from a perspective of looking back at where he was versus where he ended up. Where tiki seemingly decided to try and make a name for himself by trashing TC and Eli. The way each player approached it is the reason why people are upset with tiki and not strahan. its not because of what they think its the method they chose to unveil their feelings. Plus, Tiki hasn't really shown he is an upstanding citizen for other reasons beyond sports.
    This pretty much is exactly it

Strahan > Tiki

#Strahan4Prez

Strahan also held out prior to the 2007 season while he contemplated retirement. That was also deemed as selfish by plenty of people on these boards and the media at the time. Both Strahan and Barber have their flaws, but they were both great giants players and should be celebrated as such.

Tiki threw his coach and teammates under the bus. Strahan did not. Plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by SG88 View Post
    Strahan also held out prior to the 2007 season while he contemplated retirement. That was also deemed as selfish by plenty of people on these boards and the media at the time. Both Strahan and Barber have their flaws, but they were both great giants players and should be celebrated as such.
    i remember back then always feeling like Strahan would come back and it never really bothered me at the time. i also dont overreact like most people on this board so lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bruner56 View Post
    Tiki threw his coach and teammates under the bus. Strahan did not. Plain and simple.
    It's not that plain and simple. Barber was a journalist who simply had a bad opinion about the giants at the time. Personally, I feel that he went way out of his way to be impartial, which is something that a lot of athletes turning into analysts do. If a person wants to call him a bad analyst or a ****, I don't mind. Calling him a bad giant is not cool in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by gibril28wilson View Post
    i remember back then always feeling like Strahan would come back and it never really bothered me at the time. i also dont overreact like most people on this board so lol
    I was in the same boat. I didn't care about his hold out and just figured he was making a business decision. You are right though. People on here overreact to everything and are way too emotionally invested into this team.

Not even close, Strahan stuck around and learned to admire TC and win a SB.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GIANTSACK View Post
    I think Strahan admitted he didn't like TC when he was first hired but at the end thanked TC towards the end and wouldn't play for anyone else. I think that's what I remember
    That's correct. And Strahan also said that to this day he sets his watch 5 minutes fast. On his wrist, car, and house.