+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 112

Thread: Garbage Teams Like The Browns and Jags...

  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by TEM View Post
    Frist he said it was rigged because of new stadium builds. When I asked to explain the Pats winning , he said the NFL is a copycat league. how that relates to stadium building I don't get.
    lol you really have no reading comprehension or critical thinking skills obviously. I just gave a couple examples. Intelligent people with billions arent as one dimensional as your thought process. Where did I say its only one reason or one idea? Go back and read everything real slow.That might help.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    I would like a clear explanation about the Lions.

    One of the oldest teams; for decades owned by a respected football family, various new stadiums.
    They would absolutely have to be in on the ground floor of the conspiracy.

    Never even been to the SB, except as hosts (in their shiny new stadium)

    How does it benefit the Ford family, and the long suffering fan base, to never make it to the Superbowl?
    why does a team need to win just because you are fan of them when you're alive? they were allowed to own the 1950s to boost detroit economy and the auto industry. lol the Ford family uses the team as a tax write off. they make their billions elsewhere. The football team is just a toy.
    they use sports to control your emotions as well. They obviously want detroit to be a depressing/depressed community.
    but people are so stupid,they pay hundreds/thousands to go watch teams lose anyway. They get emotionally involved with 23 year old sweaty jocks who dont give a damn about any fans.
    use your fricken brain..if you are 25 and getting anywhere from 900,000 to 2 million a year or what ever. You dont give a damn if you win a game. I'm laughing all the way to the bank. Getting any chick I want etc etc.
    Players are paid and allowed to stay if they do as told. They are paid to play,not win.
    isnt it just amazing that the players they designate as stars are able to last 10/15 years and do commercials all the time? how can they be so lucky that.
    you want to know whos making the playoffs? just see who does more commercials or gets mentioned in media more. Its simple,these are jock actors.

    Eli's so called scandal is just made up tabloid junk that never happened. Its all for tv and distraction.

  3. #103
    Hall of Famer Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    60,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    I would like a clear explanation about the Lions.

    One of the oldest teams; for decades owned by a respected football family, various new stadiums.
    They would absolutely have to be in on the ground floor of the conspiracy.

    Never even been to the SB, except as hosts (in their shiny new stadium)

    How does it benefit the Ford family, and the long suffering fan base, to never make it to the Superbowl?
    May I make a suggestion to all my MB friends who are trying to combat these ridiculous claims with logic?.......Don't bother.
    I say this as someone who also challenged this fine but misguided young man with logic.

    When you are willing to twist anything to fit your point of view, logic and reason are powerless to counter it. There is nothing that will convince him of anything. You could find indisputable facts to prove your position and he would still argue his view.

    Just let him ramble and move on.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

  4. #104
    All-Pro Delicreep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    8,347
    Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    why does a team need to win just because you are fan of them when you're alive? they were allowed to own the 1950s to boost detroit economy and the auto industry. lol the Ford family uses the team as a tax write off. they make their billions elsewhere. The football team is just a toy.
    they use sports to control your emotions as well. They obviously want detroit to be a depressing/depressed community.
    but people are so stupid,they pay hundreds/thousands to go watch teams lose anyway. They get emotionally involved with 23 year old sweaty jocks who dont give a damn about any fans.
    use your fricken brain..if you are 25 and getting anywhere from 900,000 to 2 million a year or what ever. You dont give a damn if you win a game. I'm laughing all the way to the bank. Getting any chick I want etc etc.
    Players are paid and allowed to stay if they do as told. They are paid to play,not win.
    isnt it just amazing that the players they designate as stars are able to last 10/15 years and do commercials all the time? how can they be so lucky that.
    you want to know whos making the playoffs? just see who does more commercials or gets mentioned in media more. Its simple,these are jock actors.

    Eli's so called scandal is just made up tabloid junk that never happened. Its all for tv and distraction.
    So I need a clear understanding.

    The Ford family owns the Lions, but doesn't care about how they do because they make their money elsewhere.

    If they are not being compensated for owning the team, then why bother to participate in a conspiracy? Here's what keeps conspiracies working: uniformity of purpose and a continuing payoff.

    Your position seems to be that it's a toy to them, but a toy they seem to be absolutely unconcerned with enjoying to the fullest (by winning a SB). Again, why bother?
    Your belief that they receive a tax write off for this is an indicator that you neither understand how the tax system works, nor how much money the Lions made last year...I cannot help you with those matters.

    Detroit was decimated in the last decade, as was the workforce for the Fords...why would they not want the storybook SB, that would focus attention on Detroit and lead to a rebirth? If you had that power and didn't use it, you would be an idiot. But you answer - they want what is not in their own best interest.

    You see how you shift he ultimate motivation and goals of the conspiracy to fit the facts on the ground, right?
    Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

  5. #105
    Hall of Famer Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    60,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    So I need a clear understanding.

    The Ford family owns the Lions, but doesn't care about how they do because they make their money elsewhere.

    If they are not being compensated for owning the team, then why bother to participate in a conspiracy? Here's what keeps conspiracies working: uniformity of purpose and a continuing payoff.

    Your position seems to be that it's a toy to them, but a toy they seem to be absolutely unconcerned with enjoying to the fullest (by winning a SB). Again, why bother?
    Your belief that they receive a tax write off for this is an indicator that you neither understand how the tax system works, nor how much money the Lions made last year...I cannot help you with those matters.

    Detroit was decimated in the last decade, as was the workforce for the Fords...why would they not want the storybook SB, that would focus attention on Detroit and lead to a rebirth? If you had that power and didn't use it, you would be an idiot. But you answer - they want what is not in their own best interest.

    You see how you shift he ultimate motivation and goals of the conspiracy to fit the facts on the ground, right?
    I'm telling you...You're wasting your time.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

  6. #106
    All-Pro Delicreep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    8,347
    Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    isnt it just amazing that the players they designate as stars are able to last 10/15 years and do commercials all the time?
    That is a fascinating way to look at it.

    ...a lot of people would look at that the other way...stars that have been in the league a long time and are the most recognizable get the commercials.

    Isn't that, in fact, the basis for advertising?
    Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

  7. #107
    All-Pro TCHOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    15,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    That is a fascinating way to look at it.

    ...a lot of people would look at that the other way...stars that have been in the league a long time and are the most recognizable get the commercials.

    Isn't that, in fact, the basis for advertising?
    I've always thought how amazing it was that Jesus was born on Christmas. What a coincidence!

  8. #108
    All-Pro Delicreep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    8,347
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    I've always thought how amazing it was that Jesus was born on Christmas. What a coincidence!
    What are the odds that Lou Gehrig would actually contract Lou Gehrig's disease?
    Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

  9. #109
    Veteran BleedBlue15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    3,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    What are the odds that Lou Gehrig would actually contract Lou Gehrig's disease?
    LMAO
    1. Forrest Lamp
    2. Raekwon McMillan
    3. Jake Butt

  10. #110
    All-Pro Sarcasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Manussa Loka
    Posts
    17,444
    Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    you're already inappropriate calling me crazy. Youve already been frank admitting you know nothing other than what you read and others tell you.
    College didnt teach you independent critical thought. It taught submissive ability to obey the establishment. You need to come here and pay us money so we can give you grades and tell you you're smart. Any fool can read something to retain for a test.
    Intelligent people sit and think about things with no external influence or noise.
    You make jokes because the fact is you have no intelligent counterpoint other than; neener neener,you're wrong and stupid haa.
    you have nothing more than opinion that you base on a belief. You have no clue what a player is thinking on the field and you assume its all for spontaneous competitive reasons. If you actually thought about it you'd have to admit too many games come down to the last 2 minutes and too many penalties are false and come at the most dramatic times. In the real world, that would happen once in a great while,not every week. Games would be over by the 3rd qtr 95% of the time. Less teams would be elible for playoffs by week 11 or 12. But you dont actually take the time to sit and ponder it.
    In fairness I believe there was a time in each of our lives when we all smoked these joints and made these points.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts