+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Garbage Teams Like The Browns and Jags...

Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    I would like a clear explanation about the Lions.

One of the oldest teams; for decades owned by a respected football family, various new stadiums.
    They would absolutely have to be in on the ground floor of the conspiracy.

Never even been to the SB, except as hosts (in their shiny new stadium)

How does it benefit the Ford family, and the long suffering fan base, to never make it to the Superbowl?

The Lions time will come again. After all they had all those victories over the christians for so long. Ya gotta cycle to make it believable.

I would like a clear explanation about the Lions.

One of the oldest teams; for decades owned by a respected football family, various new stadiums.
    They would absolutely have to be in on the ground floor of the conspiracy.

Never even been to the SB, except as hosts (in their shiny new stadium)

How does it benefit the Ford family, and the long suffering fan base, to never make it to the Superbowl?
    There's more to professional team sports than just collecting top-end draft picks?

So I need a clear understanding.

The Ford family owns the Lions, but doesn't care about how they do because they make their money elsewhere.

If they are not being compensated for owning the team, then why bother to participate in a conspiracy? Here's what keeps conspiracies working: uniformity of purpose and a continuing payoff.

Your position seems to be that it's a toy to them, but a toy they seem to be absolutely unconcerned with enjoying to the fullest (by winning a SB). Again, why bother?
    Your belief that they receive a tax write off for this is an indicator that you neither understand how the tax system works, nor how much money the Lions made last year...I cannot help you with those matters.

Detroit was decimated in the last decade, as was the workforce for the Fords...why would they not want the storybook SB, that would focus attention on Detroit and lead to a rebirth? If you had that power and didn't use it, you would be an idiot. But you answer - they want what is not in their own best interest.

You see how you shift he ultimate motivation and goals of the conspiracy to fit the facts on the ground, right?
    their best interest? all the owners work in unison. Detroit isnt worried about succeeding over anyone. no one could go to their games and they'd still profit from tv money that the whole league shares.

I guess you don't realize that the Jags with TC down there are going to finally make some noise in Jacksonville.
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    their best interest? all the owners work in unison. Detroit isnt worried about succeeding over anyone. no one could go to their games and they'd still profit from tv money that the whole league shares.
    I obviously picked the Lions for a reason, aside from an owner that would have to be in on the con since the beginning (but has shown no upside to doing so)

I mean real upside...not the paltry TV profits they share.

The Lions are one of the least valuable franchises. (1.6 Billion)

The valuation would skyrocket with a few successful seasons, just like the Cowboys. (4.2 billion)

The Fords could net literally billions (that's billions with a B) by using this conspiracy, yet have not done so.

Roll that around for a second: billions in profit for doing nothing and risking nothing.
    And the Fords left that on the table for scraps.

So profit isn't a motive.
    Last edited by Delicreep; 05-16-2017 at 12:14 PM.
    Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

I obviously picked the Lions for a reason, aside from an owner that would have to be in on the con since the beginning (but has shown no upside to doing so)

I mean real upside...not the paltry TV profits they share.

The Lions are one of the least valuable franchises. (1.6 Billion)

The valuation would skyrocket with a few successful seasons, just like the Cowboys. (4.2 billion)

The Fords could net literally billions (that's billions with a B) by using this conspiracy, yet have not done so.

Roll that around for a second: billions in profit for doing nothing and risking nothing.
    And the Fords left that on the table for scraps.

So profit isn't a motive.
    again, the league works as a whole. they are not separate franchises as they want you to go ahead and believe.
    players are played to play,not win. they get paid millions to lose or to win as per instructed. Why would a 6 or 7 figure jock give a **** about winning? you know you wouldnt either.
    you are still thinking in emotional, favoritism terms. Your feelings are irrelevant.
    this is about pure profit league wide and selling you tv series type narratives.
    Detroit gets to be the black guy that always dies first in the movie now till they decide to change the narrative for what ever reason and that might be another 50 years.

again, the league works as a whole. they are not separate franchises as they want you to go ahead and believe.
    players are played to play,not win. they get paid millions to lose or to win as per instructed. Why would a 6 or 7 figure jock give a **** about winning? you know you wouldnt either.
    you are still thinking in emotional, favoritism terms. Your feelings are irrelevant.
    this is about pure profit league wide and selling you tv series type narratives.
    Detroit gets to be the black guy that always dies first in the movie now till they decide to change the narrative for what ever reason and that might be another 50 years.
    http://www.sjgames.com/inwo/humor/

You are right about one thing...It IS about pure profit. And NFL owners know the only way to maximize and guarantee profits now and in the future is to have a legitimate league with top line branding. Your theories of game fixing would crush the value of any NFL team and destroy what they built.

These guys may be pompous jaggoffs, but they didn't get rich by being stupid.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

Now...you see how I pointed out the questionable actions of the Lions owner, and you change the subject by talking about the players, right? This is what people do when they have no answers to the question at hand - they change questions.

Back to my point: According to you, some of the owners participate in this conspiracy so that other owners can benefit, while they themselves lose money in the con.

This makes sense to you?

Can you tell me what would motivate the Fords to participate in a conspiracy for decades, all for the benefit of others?
    Why they would look at the billions on the table and say, "I want this other guy to have that cash"?
    Why they would risk the value of the Ford brand worldwide to make other people rich?
    Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

Now...you see how I pointed out the questionable actions of the Lions owner, and you change the subject by talking about the players, right? This is what people do when they have no answers to the question at hand - they change questions.

Back to my point: According to you, some of the owners participate in this conspiracy so that other owners can benefit, while they themselves lose money in the con.

This makes sense to you?

Can you tell me what would motivate the Fords to participate in a conspiracy for decades, all for the benefit of others?
    Why they would look at the billions on the table and say, "I want this other guy to have that cash"?
    Why they would risk the value of the Ford brand worldwide to make other people rich?
    I didnt change any topic you one dimensional simpleton. The point is its all relative and multifaceted...

all the owners are in on it . The billions are already being made by all of them. I already told you.
    you still keep trying to think in fan based individualistic terms. That why youre a poor sheep on the sideline and they are billionaires.
    none of the owners give a **** whether they win or lose except they might get more from concessions which is what they get to keep.
    this isnt about football. Its about power over you. You are so busy trying to figure out football instead of realizing youre a dumb *** debt slave.
    Detroit thrived in the 50s and 60s because the league made it so. Now they dont need them to and want the area to decay away. The owners will still make money and move on.

+ Reply to Thread