+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Garbage Teams Like The Browns and Jags...

Should not be allowed to carry over as much cap space as they have been doing. Two crappy non competitive teams are holding out on money that they will have to spend eventually, but they are screwing over the competitive teams that manage their cap space wisely.

Browns have $105 million in cap space... I think that is ridiculous and cheapens free agency. I think they need to cap the amount of carryover and penalize these teams for being cheapskates. I'm pretty sure what they earn in their markets has nothing to do with it since the NFL pays small market teams to level the playing field.....Or just move those darn teams...

I will give the Jags some credit as they seem to be building a wicked young defense, so at least they have some semblance of a plan and TC knows what he's doing so I expect them to start spending.

End Rant

Quote Originally Posted by Gee718 View Post
    Should not be allowed to carry over as much cap space as they have been doing. Two crappy non competitive teams are holding out on money that they will have to spend eventually, but they are screwing over the competitive teams that manage their cap space wisely.

Browns have $105 million in cap space... I think that is ridiculous and cheapens free agency. I think they need to cap the amount of carryover and penalize these teams for being cheapskates. I'm pretty sure what they earn in their markets has nothing to do with it since the NFL pays small market teams to level the playing field.....Or just move those darn teams...

I will give the Jags some credit as they seem to be building a wicked young defense, so at least they have some semblance of a plan and TC knows what he's doing so I expect them to start spending.

End Rant
    There is a cap but there is also a floor. I think your point is meaningless. These teams need players and need the cap space.
    The NFL isn't in the business of defining "crap teams".
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    There is a cap but there is also a floor. I think your point is meaningless. These teams need players and need the cap space.
    The NFL isn't in the business of defining "crap teams".
    NFL players are grossly underpaid...So for a team to be holding out on paying people, means even less money to go around...

When they steal all the FA's, jokes on you

Quote Originally Posted by Gee718 View Post
    NFL players are grossly underpaid...So for a team to be holding out on paying people, means even less money to go around...

When they steal all the FA's, jokes on you
    If you think NFL players are grossly underpaid......The joke is on YOU.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

How can they put food on the table of their 8 kids/gfs if they have to pay 3 mortgages and keep all 7 of their cars washed while rocking $100k bling?
    1 - WR/TE Evan Engram
    2 -
    3 -
    4 -
    5 -
    6 -
    7 -

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    How can they put food on the table of their 8 kids/gfs if they have to pay 3 mortgages and keep all 7 of their cars washed while rocking $100k bling?
    Excellent point.

When you consider how much the NFL pulls in per year, a lot of the players are. The rookies in particular get ripped off, as many enter their prime during their first contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    When you consider how much the NFL pulls in per year, a lot of the players are. The rookies in particular get ripped off, as many enter their prime during their first contract.
    Should it be the way it was before the rookie pay scale where guys like Jamarcus Russell get an absolutely ridiculous contract before he even takes a single snap in the NFL (more than some proven stars at the time) and then completely bust out of the NFL? 68 million dollar contract, 32 million guaranteed for being a failure.

Prove yourself and you get your big pay day
    Last edited by BleedBlue15; 03-06-2017 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    All pro athletes are overpaid.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    That could be said about any athlete in any sport. Most of them just don't know how to manage their money. Most of them come from poor families where everyone has their hands out as well. They're just not used to being around that kind of money. We sit on here and whine when these athletes self brand and try to be more of a business. Those types of players actually end up better off at the end.