+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 123
  1. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Making jokes keeps me from being inappropriately frank regarding your ridiculous claims.
    you're already inappropriate calling me crazy. Youve already been frank admitting you know nothing other than what you read and others tell you.
    College didnt teach you independent critical thought. It taught submissive ability to obey the establishment. You need to come here and pay us money so we can give you grades and tell you you're smart. Any fool can read something to retain for a test.
    Intelligent people sit and think about things with no external influence or noise.
    You make jokes because the fact is you have no intelligent counterpoint other than; neener neener,you're wrong and stupid haa.
    you have nothing more than opinion that you base on a belief. You have no clue what a player is thinking on the field and you assume its all for spontaneous competitive reasons. If you actually thought about it you'd have to admit too many games come down to the last 2 minutes and too many penalties are false and come at the most dramatic times. In the real world, that would happen once in a great while,not every week. Games would be over by the 3rd qtr 95% of the time. Less teams would be elible for playoffs by week 11 or 12. But you dont actually take the time to sit and ponder it.

  2. #92
    Hall of Famer Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    61,105
    Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    you're already inappropriate calling me crazy. Youve already been frank admitting you know nothing other than what you read and others tell you.
    College didnt teach you independent critical thought. It taught submissive ability to obey the establishment. You need to come here and pay us money so we can give you grades and tell you you're smart. Any fool can read something to retain for a test.
    Intelligent people sit and think about things with no external influence or noise.
    You make jokes because the fact is you have no intelligent counterpoint other than; neener neener,you're wrong and stupid haa.
    you have nothing more than opinion that you base on a belief. You have no clue what a player is thinking on the field and you assume its all for spontaneous competitive reasons. If you actually thought about it you'd have to admit too many games come down to the last 2 minutes and too many penalties are false and come at the most dramatic times. In the real world, that would happen once in a great while,not every week. Games would be over by the 3rd qtr 95% of the time. Less teams would be elible for playoffs by week 11 or 12. But you dont actually take the time to sit and ponder it.
    My counterpoint is simple.....It would take a large amount of people over the years, including players to make happen what you are suggesting.
    There is no conceivable way that not a single human being, as flawed as we all are has ever said they were involved or knew about it.

    AND there is no way that smart businessmen who own teams worth over a billion dollars each would ever risk that by engaging in such a thing.

    What my 58 years HAS taught me...(less that 1% taught in college) is how human being work. How human being will rationalize their behavior. How they seek affirmation.

    In other words, your scenario is impossible without any of us knowing about it. People LOVE to talk.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

  3. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    My counterpoint is simple.....It would take a large amount of people over the years, including players to make happen what you are suggesting.
    There is no conceivable way that not a single human being, as flawed as we all are has ever said they were involved or knew about it.

    AND there is no way that smart businessmen who own teams worth over a billion dollars each would ever risk that by engaging in such a thing.

    What my 58 years HAS taught me...(less that 1% taught in college) is how human being work. How human being will rationalize their behavior. How they seek affirmation.

    In other words, your scenario is impossible without any of us knowing about it. People LOVE to talk.
    so, because it takes lots of people,therefore it cant happen? lol govt has been lying and screwing you over for hundreds of years and youve done nothing about it and they employee thousands.

    ((What my 58 years HAS taught me...(less that 1% taught in college) is how human being work. How human being will rationalize their behavior. How they seek affirmation.))
    youve only learned what youve been told by others who know nothing. how does that tell you how billionaires work and rule?

    (((In other words, your scenario is impossible without any of us knowing about it. People LOVE to talk )))
    one of the most ignorant phrases ever spoken. Propaganda isnt a fictional impossibility. politicians and billionaires lie to you every day.

    Peter Gent said this:
    [["For there should be a fundamental difference between professional and amateur sports that goes beyond the technical distinction of whether athletes make money from their sport. I learned the difference at the end of training camp my rookie year with the Dallas Cowboys. Management called a meeting to explain the responsibilities of being a professional football player. The man to give the best advice was the team's public relations director. He told us: "Boys, this is show business." With these words in mind, nothing about professional sports, even Howard Cosell, is mystifying. Professional athletes are first and foremost show business, dealing in illusion and entertainment. The first responsibility of the players is to the audience, not themselves. If the audience wants winners, that is what is given. If it wants losers, that also it will get. The principle is the same for midget wrestling and the National Football League."]]


    (((AND there is no way that smart businessmen who own teams worth over a billion dollars each would ever risk that by engaging in such a thing.))
    backwards logic by you. Theres no way in hell a business grows to billions unless you manipulate things to give the people what they think they want.
    If these games played out naturally, no QB would be able to last a decade and most games would boring and there would be no dynasties. Every week they illiterately say -Wow, the impossible just happened!..if its impossible it cant and never does happen. thats how stupid the public is now.

  4. #94
    Hall of Famer Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    61,105
    Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    so, because it takes lots of people,therefore it cant happen? lol govt has been lying and screwing you over for hundreds of years and youve done nothing about it and they employee thousands.

    ((What my 58 years HAS taught me...(less that 1% taught in college) is how human being work. How human being will rationalize their behavior. How they seek affirmation.))
    youve only learned what youve been told by others who know nothing. how does that tell you how billionaires work and rule?

    (((In other words, your scenario is impossible without any of us knowing about it. People LOVE to talk )))
    one of the most ignorant phrases ever spoken. Propaganda isnt a fictional impossibility. politicians and billionaires lie to you every day.

    Peter Gent said this:
    [["For there should be a fundamental difference between professional and amateur sports that goes beyond the technical distinction of whether athletes make money from their sport. I learned the difference at the end of training camp my rookie year with the Dallas Cowboys. Management called a meeting to explain the responsibilities of being a professional football player. The man to give the best advice was the team's public relations director. He told us: "Boys, this is show business." With these words in mind, nothing about professional sports, even Howard Cosell, is mystifying. Professional athletes are first and foremost show business, dealing in illusion and entertainment. The first responsibility of the players is to the audience, not themselves. If the audience wants winners, that is what is given. If it wants losers, that also it will get. The principle is the same for midget wrestling and the National Football League."]]


    (((AND there is no way that smart businessmen who own teams worth over a billion dollars each would ever risk that by engaging in such a thing.))
    backwards logic by you. Theres no way in hell a business grows to billions unless you manipulate things to give the people what they think they want.
    If these games played out naturally, no QB would be able to last a decade and most games would boring and there would be no dynasties. Every week they illiterately say -Wow, the impossible just happened!..if its impossible it cant and never does happen. thats how stupid the public is now.
    Good luck with all of that.........
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

  5. #95
    All-Pro Delicreep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    8,389
    Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    so, because it takes lots of people,therefore it cant happen? lol govt has been lying and screwing you over for hundreds of years and youve done nothing about it and they employee thousands.

    ((What my 58 years HAS taught me...(less that 1% taught in college) is how human being work. How human being will rationalize their behavior. How they seek affirmation.))
    youve only learned what youve been told by others who know nothing. how does that tell you how billionaires work and rule?

    (((In other words, your scenario is impossible without any of us knowing about it. People LOVE to talk )))
    one of the most ignorant phrases ever spoken. Propaganda isnt a fictional impossibility. politicians and billionaires lie to you every day.

    Peter Gent said this:
    [["For there should be a fundamental difference between professional and amateur sports that goes beyond the technical distinction of whether athletes make money from their sport. I learned the difference at the end of training camp my rookie year with the Dallas Cowboys. Management called a meeting to explain the responsibilities of being a professional football player. The man to give the best advice was the team's public relations director. He told us: "Boys, this is show business." With these words in mind, nothing about professional sports, even Howard Cosell, is mystifying. Professional athletes are first and foremost show business, dealing in illusion and entertainment. The first responsibility of the players is to the audience, not themselves. If the audience wants winners, that is what is given. If it wants losers, that also it will get. The principle is the same for midget wrestling and the National Football League."]]


    (((AND there is no way that smart businessmen who own teams worth over a billion dollars each would ever risk that by engaging in such a thing.))
    backwards logic by you. Theres no way in hell a business grows to billions unless you manipulate things to give the people what they think they want.
    If these games played out naturally, no QB would be able to last a decade and most games would boring and there would be no dynasties. Every week they illiterately say -Wow, the impossible just happened!..if its impossible it cant and never does happen. thats how stupid the public is now.
    I'm one of those book learnin' guys, MBA from an Ivy League school and everything...can I ask a simple question?

    Let's say that everything you say is true, and the entire system is rigged, top to bottom. What is the advantage to the owners to do this?

    The answer must involve achieving a goal that cannot be achieved without rigging the system, and I can't see what it is (despite my education)
    Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

  6. #96
    All-Pro TCHOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    15,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    I'm one of those book learnin' guys, MBA from an Ivy League school and everything...can I ask a simple question?

    Let's say that everything you say is true, and the entire system is rigged, top to bottom. What is the advantage to the owners to do this?

    The answer must involve achieving a goal that cannot be achieved without rigging the system, and I can't see what it is (despite my education)
    May I add a question?

    Let's say everything you say is true and the whole system is rugged from top to bottom. Why on earth would you have any interest in a football message board?

  7. #97
    All-Pro Delicreep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    8,389
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    May I add a question?

    Let's say everything you say is true and the whole system is rugged from top to bottom. Why on earth would you have any interest in a football message board?
    I was very tempted, and still am, to ask for a breakdown of the final drive in SB 42 - for the Pats, who is on the payroll and who is not?
    Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

  8. #98
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    9,444
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    May I add a question?

    Let's say everything you say is true and the whole system is rugged from top to bottom. Why on earth would you have any interest in a football message board?
    That's what I asked a few pages ago...

  9. #99
    Veteran TEM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,434
    Quote Originally Posted by DandyDon View Post
    That's what I asked a few pages ago...
    Frist he said it was rigged because of new stadium builds. When I asked to explain the Pats winning , he said the NFL is a copycat league. how that relates to stadium building I don't get.

  10. #100
    All-Pro Delicreep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    8,389
    I would like a clear explanation about the Lions.

    One of the oldest teams; for decades owned by a respected football family, various new stadiums.
    They would absolutely have to be in on the ground floor of the conspiracy.

    Never even been to the SB, except as hosts (in their shiny new stadium)

    How does it benefit the Ford family, and the long suffering fan base, to never make it to the Superbowl?
    Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts