+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedBlue15 View Post
    Should it be the way it was before the rookie pay scale where guys like Jamarcus Russell get an absolutely ridiculous contract before he even takes a single snap in the NFL (more than some proven stars at the time) and then completely bust out of the NFL? 68 million dollar contract, 32 million guaranteed for being a failure.

Prove yourself and you get your big pay day
    I agree 100%. The rookie pay scale is fine with me.
    No one likes a snitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    All pro athletes are overpaid.
    Even Nassib made millions of dollars for holding a clipboard for 4 years.
    No one likes a snitch.

Quote Originally Posted by SG88 View Post
    Even Nassib made millions of dollars for holding a clipboard for 4 years.
    I'm sure that poster was suggesting that NFL players are underpaid compared to other sports. Which is true. But the blanket statement that they are underpaid is silly.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

Quote Originally Posted by SG88 View Post
    That could be said about any athlete in any sport. Most of them just don't know how to manage their money. Most of them come from poor families where everyone has their hands out as well. They're just not used to being around that kind of money. We sit on here and whine when these athletes self brand and try to be more of a business. Those types of players actually end up better off at the end.
    Yes. Every athlete with the exception of minor leaguers are paid well to play a game. Not our faults they can't manage their money properly. The lowest paid are still making way more than me. Apply yourself and learn how to survive. Darwinism. If you can't adjust and adapt, it's your own fault. I would love to get paid a leagues minimum wage to play a game.

As for those who make it a business and brand themselves. Fine. But don't act shocked and upset when you are called out on it by fans who are struggling to put food on the table.
    1-OT Ryan Ramczyk
    2-TE Adam Shaheen
    3-DE Demarcus Walker
    4-RB Samaje Perine
    5-QB Joshua Dobbs
    6-CB Marquez White
    7-LB Ben Boulware

There is a cap but there is also a floor. I think your point is meaningless. These teams need players and need the cap space.
    The NFL isn't in the business of defining "crap teams".
    Off subject of Browns/Jags. But Cap excess being carried forward question related to the Giant's.

If I remember correctly at the end of FA/ signing UDFAs & their Draft Picks the Giants had in excess of 18M left still to spend towards end of Pre Season which left a lot of us shaking our heads as to why they didn't bring in a guys like Jake Long or others on prove it deals to see if they could help the Line..

But they sat on it, correct?? So did that 18 or so Million carry forward to be added to this year's Cap #??

If that was the case and they only had 34/35M to start the new year before the 17M allocation to Tag JPP. Does that mean they only had 16/17M to start with before adding in last year's carry over?? If that's the case how were the Giants so low and pretty much always so low ( outside of last year ) in comparison to other teams??

Seems some of these teams like Jags and Browns are always making huge splashes in FA and always have tons of Cap Space year in year out. How is that possible
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Yes. Every athlete with the exception of minor leaguers are paid well to play a game. Not our faults they can't manage their money properly. The lowest paid are still making way more than me. Apply yourself and learn how to survive. Darwinism. If you can't adjust and adapt, it's your own fault. I would love to get paid a leagues minimum wage to play a game.

As for those who make it a business and brand themselves. Fine. But don't act shocked and upset when you are called out on it by fans who are struggling to put food on the table.
    That is easy to say when we aren't the ones out there playing. They are in the entertainment business. Millions of people worldwide watch what they do. As long as people keep on paying to see them perform, they will continue to get paid. If millions of people watched what i did for work, i would want to get paid a ton as well. Personally, I would not label it as calling them out. I would label it as hating. Two things I never do are comment on another man's money or their woman. I have my own life to worry about.
    No one likes a snitch.

I'm sure that poster was suggesting that NFL players are underpaid compared to other sports. Which is true. But the blanket statement that they are underpaid is silly.
    NFL players have no one to blame but themselves when it comes to this. They're the ones not negotiating for fully guaranteed contracts. IMO, they have the worst union in all of the major sports.
    No one likes a snitch.

All pro athletes are overpaid.
    Why? Because the industry they work in rakes in billions? Other than into the owners' pockets, where should that money go?

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Why? Because the industry they work in rakes in billions? Other than into the owners' pockets, where should that money go?
    To me.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    When a team takes on a big contract there is an inherent risk (guaranteed money) Just look a Norman last season big money no playoffs. More often then not signing a player to a big contract does not produce a championship in the time frame of the contract. To win the SB is the goal of every team every year.

in 2015 each team split 7.5 billion = 234 million per team . When you consider the cost of running a franchise ; staff , players, marketing , it is not that much in the end. When compared to Walmart, that takes in more profit one day then the average NFL team takes in for the entire season. It is not the rake it in you believe.