+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SG88 View Post
    That is easy to say when we aren't the ones out there playing. They are in the entertainment business. Millions of people worldwide watch what they do. As long as people keep on paying to see them perform, they will continue to get paid. If millions of people watched what i did for work, i would want to get paid a ton as well. Personally, I would not label it as calling them out. I would label it as hating. Two things I never do are comment on another man's money or their woman. I have my own life to worry about.
    Oh I agree. They are entertainers. They make millions. A lot make millions not even doing much but practice and train and learn (Nassib). I understand why they get huge paydays, I just dont want to hear they are struggling or oppressed. Shove that in your hat. What some of these athletes make in a year of playing a sport, most people wont make in their life while busting their *** 10 hours a day.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Oh I agree. They are entertainers. They make millions. A lot make millions not even doing much but practice and train and learn (Nassib). I understand why they get huge paydays, I just dont want to hear they are struggling or oppressed. Shove that in your hat. What some of these athletes make in a year of playing a sport, most people wont make in their life while busting their *** 10 hours a day.
    You still sound bitter to me about their money and their problems. You're also taking this conversation to an uncomfortable subject when you bring up oppression.

Quote Originally Posted by SG88 View Post
    You still sound bitter to me about their money and their problems. You're also taking this conversation to an uncomfortable subject when you bring up oppression.
    Meh. I'm good where I'm at. Just don't like millionaires playing games complaining about their money issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    All pro athletes are overpaid.
    +1

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Why? Because the industry they work in rakes in billions? Other than into the owners' pockets, where should that money go?
    I agree, they aren't overpaid. There is a market for their talent and they get what that market dictates.

Anyone can be jealous of what they are paid, but that's just because they cant do what the athletes can do.

Quote Originally Posted by DandyDon View Post
    I agree, they aren't overpaid. There is a market for their talent and they get what that market dictates.

Anyone can be jealous of what they are paid, but that's just because they cant do what the athletes can do.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by DandyDon View Post

I'm not talking about in the context of the market place.
    What a cop does is a lot more important than an NFL WR.
    THAT is the context I was talking about.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

Veteran
    I'm sure that poster was suggesting that NFL players are underpaid compared to other sports. Which is true. But the blanket statement that they are underpaid is silly.
    They are underpaid. For the amount of revenue they generate, their paycheck does not accurately reflect it

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    They are underpaid. For the amount of revenue they generate, their paycheck does not accurately reflect it
    They get about 60% of all NFL revenues.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

All-Pro
    I'm not talking about in the context of the market place.
    What a cop does is a lot more important than an NFL WR.
    THAT is the context I was talking about.
    That's fine. But what a cop does is more important than anything Mara or Goodell does too. So why single out the players?