+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zimonami View Post
    Our tickets go back to 1943. I saw my first game in '68 at the Yale Bowl.
    There was a time I went to every game, but now they are spread among family members and I go to 1 or 2 a year now.
    Hate the new stadium.
    I was born in 1965. I believe my father originally got the seats in the 50"s. The first game I remember going to was in Yankee Stadium around 1970. I remember going to Yale Bowl and Shea too. I was at probably 95% of all the games ever played at Giants' Stadium. I really hate the new stadium too. I was priced out of my lower tier seats. Other than the 4 HD screens, there's nothing about MetLife I like better than GS.
    Last edited by darrin99; 03-09-2017 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darrin99 View Post
    I was born in 1965. I believe my father originally got the seats in the 50"s. The first game I remember going to was in Yankee Stadium around 1970. I remember going to Yale Bowl and Shea too. I was at probably 95% of all the games ever played at Giants' Stadium. I really hate the new stadium too. I was priced out of my lower tier seats. Other than the 4 HD screens, there's nothing about MetLife I like better than GS.
    Yes... only thing I like are the large screens.
    Our tix qualified us to get the $20K seats at Met Life.... hahahaha, $40,000 for PSL's on 2 seats? Nope, sorry.
    We opted for the small section... 4 rows of seats below the 3rd tier and above the 2nd. Not a bad view. Only $5K each.
    Born in Jamaica, Queens in '46, I moved to CT from '68 to '75... so I saw every preseason and regular season games played at Yale Bowl.. Then I moved to NJ in 1975, so the Meadowlands was perfect.

Yes... only thing I like are the large screens.
    Our tix qualified us to get the $20K seats at Met Life.... hahahaha, $40,000 for PSL's on 2 seats? Nope, sorry.
    We opted for the small section... 4 rows of seats below the 3rd tier and above the 2nd. Not a bad view. Only $5K each.
    Born in Jamaica, Queens in '46, I moved to CT from '68 to '75... so I saw every preseason and regular season games played at Yale Bowl.. Then I moved to NJ in 1975, so the Meadowlands was perfect.
    Yeah. My PSL's weren't $20K each. I think they were gonna be $9K and the ticket price almost doubled. I don't remember. I took seats upstairs in Terrace 1 only because the season tickets had sentimental value. I lived in North Bergen, Ridgefield, and Little Ferry. It would take me 10 minutes to get to the games. Now I live in Staten Island, and it blows getting to the stadium. When it got to the point where I actually preferred staying home at watching on HDTV, I knew it was time to let them go.

Man, I wish I saw a Giants game in old, pre-renovated Yankee Stadium..
    [img]http://i1363.photobucket.com/albums/r714/darksaint2/P1250543_zpsflsphdcl.jpg[/img

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
    I was only around 6 years old, but I remember being there. I'm sure I had no idea what was going on. lol

I never did see a football game at the Stadium... but, I saw dozens of Giant games on TV before the renovations, and my Aunt Jean was at every gamet they ever played at Yankee Stadium... she never missed one at the Polo Grounds or then Yankee Stadium from 1943 to the last game played there... and she had a lot of bad things to say about the seating for a football game in a baseball park. Our seats at Yale Bowl were great, as they were in Giant Stadium.
    Anyways, the seating for viewing football was horrible in Yankee Stadium.
    Last edited by zimonami; 03-09-2017 at 10:42 PM.

Going to the games at Shea Stadium is one reason I became a Met fan. I was only around 9 years old, and was just getting into baseball. So being at Shea Stadium and seeing all Mets' stuff made me like them.

Going to the games at Shea Stadium is one reason I became a Met fan. I was only around 9 years old, and was just getting into baseball. So being at Shea Stadium and seeing all Mets' stuff made me like them.
    That's as good a reason as any.
    At nine I was a Dodger fan because my Dad and his dad were, and Gramps brought me to my first Dodger game in '53.
    When the Dodgers left I remained a fan of there's until the Mets were born. Since then it's been only the Mets in my heart.

I never did see a football game at the Stadium... but, I saw dozens of Giant games on TV before the renovations, and my Aunt Jean was at every gamet they ever played at Yankee Stadium... she never missed one at the Polo Grounds or then Yankee Stadium from 1943 to the last game played there... and she had a lot of bad things to say about the seating for a football game in a baseball park. Our seats at Yale Bowl were great, as they were in Giant Stadium.
    Anyways, the seating for viewing football was horrible in Yankee Stadium.

I love hearing stories from old timers who talk about the days of going to games back then. My friend's father-n-law talks about how they would buy bleacher seats on game day for about $1.50!
    [img]http://i1363.photobucket.com/albums/r714/darksaint2/P1250543_zpsflsphdcl.jpg[/img

I love hearing stories from old timers who talk about the days of going to games back then. My friend's father-n-law talks about how they would buy bleacher seats on game day for about $1.50!
    When Giants Stadium opened in 1976, there were only 2 ticket prices. $9 for lower and upper tier, and $11 for mezzanine seats. I think parking was $1