+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by darrin99 View Post
    When Giants Stadium opened in 1976, there were only 2 ticket prices. $9 for lower and upper tier, and $11 for mezzanine seats. I think parking was $1

A dollar for parking.. Hard to fathom!

NY Rangers ticket prices have gotten crazy too. Back in the 80's, my friend had season tickets in the old "Orange Seats". The tickets were $16 a game. Now they're $236. I don't go to basketball games and I'm just guessing, but I wouldn't be surprised if Knicks tickets are the worst of all the sports when it comes to price increases over the years.
    Last edited by darrin99; 03-11-2017 at 02:48 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by darrin99 View Post
    NY Rangers ticket prices have gotten crazy too. Back in the 80's, my friend had season tickets in the old "Orange Seats". The tickets were $16 a game. Now they're $236. I don't go to basketball games and I'm just guessing, but I wouldn't be surprised if Knicks tickets are the worst of all the sports when it comes to price increases over the years.

Hockey would be right up there with basketball too, if comparing from 30 plus years ago.

I remember paying $99 in 1996 for Giants seats on Yankee trails. Now it is over $240

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
    I love hearing stories from old timers who talk about the days of going to games back then. My friend's father-n-law talks about how they would buy bleacher seats on game day for about $1.50!
    One of the cool things about the Yankee Stadium days (different time and place!) was that after the game a good number of the players would head across the street to the bowling alley bar to hang out with the fans. I was only a kid but I'll never forget that!

Quote Originally Posted by zimonami View Post
    Somewhere on the invoice it should discuss the cost and option for parking.
    If not, call the FO and ask.
    Okay, I e-mailed them and they replied and said they look at the parking pass waiting list in May/June, and will e-mail those on the waiting list then to let them know if there are available passes.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchmac View Post
    One of the cool things about the Yankee Stadium days (different time and place!) was that after the game a good number of the players would head across the street to the bowling alley bar to hang out with the fans. I was only a kid but I'll never forget that!

That's awesome...

After a Giants game, were fans allowed to leave the Yankee Stadium by walking onto the field and towards the exits? Like after Yankee baseball games back then.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchmac View Post
    Frank Gifford mentioned that in his book. There were a couple of local places/restaurants they gathered together.... including Toots Shor's downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
    That's awesome...

After a Giants game, were fans allowed to leave the Yankee Stadium by walking onto the field and towards the exits? Like after Yankee baseball games back then.
    I really don't recall. My dad's seats were right behind the goal post in the bleachers, and near the ramp thing. When the game was over we'd just book down the ramp and head for the bar!
    Last edited by mitchmac; 03-15-2017 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zimonami View Post
    Frank Gifford mentioned that in his book. There were a couple of local places/restaurants they gathered together.... including Toots Shor's downtown.
    Toots Shor's downtown sounds a little classier then some of the places I saw LT post-game.....