+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Romeo Okwara - DE Notre Dame...Don't Be Surprised If We Draft Him

We love our Notre Dame DL, and we have had interviews with him. Look for him as a Late Round pick in the 5th or 6th

This is me after a Giants game

It seems like a lot of that highlight reel is Sheldon Day causing disruption and pressuring the QB to move in the pocket, resulting in Okwara cleaning it up and getting the sack.
    1. Leonard Floyd, OLB, Georgia
    2. Cody Whitehair, OT/OG, Kansas State
    3. Braxton Miller, WR, OSU
    4. Rashard Robinson, CB, LSU
    5. KJ Dillon, S, West Virginia
    6. Hala Vaitai, OT, TCU

Well, he's a Giant

This is me after a Giants game

awesome.. I'm a fan

I feel like Okwara is our 7th round pick..

Me too. And I think Romeo will make the team over Wynn.

I remember listening to an interview with this guy on Sirius XM NFL and they were singing his praises. Sounds like a great pickup especially since JPP is only a one year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by BROADWAYSTORM View Post
    Me too. And I think Romeo will make the team over Wynn.
    Mike Rose is better than both of them. He is a bull

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwilks98 View Post
    It seems like a lot of that highlight reel is Sheldon Day causing disruption and pressuring the QB to move in the pocket, resulting in Okwara cleaning it up and getting the sack.
    great, we have DTs better than Day.

Even though Okwara received his degree in accountancy in December, he's still only 20 years old. The native of Nigeria started school earlier than most, moving to Charlotte, North Carolina as a 10-year-old sixth grader -- and he just kept growing, mentally and physically. Despite turned 17 just before his freshman year, he played all 13 games as a reserve linebacker (seven tackles). Okwara started one game as a sophomore, playing in all 13 contests at linebacker and making 19 tackles, 1.5 for loss. After moving to defensive end (though he stood up at times) for the last two seasons, Romeo failed to show love to opposing quarterbacks as a 25-game starter, leading the Irish in sacks in 2014 (four, 39 tackles) and 2015 (right, 48 tackles, 12.5 for loss).

BOTTOM LINE Big edge player who looks great on the hoof, but who is extremely stiff and mechanical in his movements. Okwara is missing the quickness to be an NFL pass rusher while being a block magnet in the running game. Unless he finds a way to unleash his natural power and have it translate to production on the field, making a roster will be exceptionally difficult.

Well at least he seems like a smart kid so he can digest a play book. Maybe they can coach him up....

He certainly has the size.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch