+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Washington Redskins fire GM Scot McCoughlan, effectively immediately.

Washington Redskins fire GM Scot McCoughlan, effectively immediately.

As per NFL Network.
    They're a mess down there.

Quote Originally Posted by darrin99 View Post
    As per NFL Network.
    They're a mess down there.

I don't know who's worse of an owner? Dan Snyder or Woody Johnson.

I'd bring him in as a talent elevator or run the scouting department. He found some really good players in later rounds.

Bum move by Washington to let everyone know about his relapse. If he had one.. that is,

Word is that he wanted to resign Cousin but Snyder hates Cousins and they used their team mouthpiece Cooley to bad mouth McCoughlan.

Washington is a mess

The Skins are just imploding left and right. They lose Jackson and Garcon, Cousins asks Snyder for a trade and they fire the GM at the start of free agency.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap88 View Post
    The Skins are just imploding left and right. They lose Jackson and Garcon, Cousins asks Snyder for a trade and they fire the GM at the start of free agency.
    They also lost Chris Baker.

No question that it's a mess. But my assessment of Scot has been fueled more by hope than reality. As a recovering alcoholic, he never stopped drinking. If it's true that he did show up at the facility buzzed or drunk, I would be livid as an owner or Team President.

I will reserve judgement. They picked up a couple of DTs, got a FS in Swearinger and signed Pryor. Good moves. They are starting with 10 draft picks this year. They also have plenty of cap space to make some moves. Bennie Logan visiting today.

As for Cousins, all of the "reports" are coming from unnamed sources. I don't take stock in any of those rumors unless Kirk personally voices his displeasure. I think he is taking in his marriage, gearing up for his first child due in September, and trusting his agent to do his job. If it's true that he really wants to leave, then work out a trade, I'm okay with that. Kirk is good, but he's not Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady - yet.
    Last edited by SkinsLifer; 03-11-2017 at 09:16 AM.

King of yelling out one liners, Kirk Cousins.

Again, I'l reserve judgement after the FA and draft. Either way, I'm a fan. Deal the hand, coach 'em up and compete.

+ Reply to Thread