+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Jared Cook?

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by KillaRich View Post
    People don't understand this
    Yeah but only the Top51 count towards the cap so, say we draft Howard and cut Tye. Howards cap hit would be say 1m. Tye doesn't count towards the cap because his cap hit is no longer in the Top51.

  2. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,509
    IMO TE in the draft is no longer a MAJOR PRIORITY after the Marshall and Ellison signings and the fact we still have OL and Edge rusher issues.

    Marshall gives us another very talented receiver and also gives us a BIG target in the red zone and also creates a potential issue in terms of enough balls to go around to keep everyone (WR) happy. I just think his addition lessons TE as a major concern. Throw in the Ellison signing as a guy who likes/loves to block/compete and that addresses another issue with our TE position. Given the Marshall/Ellison signings -- Giants may view Adams/Tye/Lacosse as sufficient for the position and may focus on other areas of concern.

  3. #13
    Veteran TEM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,472
    Quote Originally Posted by PRGiant View Post
    Yeah but only the Top51 count towards the cap so, say we draft Howard and cut Tye. Howards cap hit would be say 1m. Tye doesn't count towards the cap because his cap hit is no longer in the Top51.
    Why do you say this?
    Tye is 38th in salary for the Giants today . 6 rookies and 2 more FA signings that would put him at 46th still well with in the 51 rule. Would be a cap hit not much of one but a hit.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by TEM View Post
    Why do you say this?
    Tye is 38th in salary for the Giants today . 6 rookies and 2 more FA signings that would put him at 46th still well with in the 51 rule. Would be a cap hit not much of one but a hit.
    If they can get any of the decent TEs in Round 2 or 3 then I would Cut The and LaCross and go with Ellison, Adams & whoever the new TE is they Draft
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by TEM View Post
    We have 4 TEs now. We don't need 4. We can cut 1 without a cap hit (Lacrosse). The others would be dead cap money and a net loss. 3 is the NFL norm. Because of that don't expect to draft one.
    yes, but teams do carry 3 TEs and a FB. Having Ellison frees us up to either take another TE or use that extra roster spot somewhere else. Will Tye with his $615,000 non guaranteed contract isnt going to hold the Giants back from drafting a TE if they so please.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by TEM View Post
    We have 4 TEs now. We don't need 4. We can cut 1 without a cap hit (Lacrosse). The others would be dead cap money and a net loss. 3 is the NFL norm. Because of that don't expect to draft one.
    Will Tye is completely base salary. Jerrell Adams has the benefit of being a recent draft pick with some production so far, but can be cut for cap gain as well. Rhett Ellison just signed a multi-year contract and will be on the team roster one way or another.

    If the Giants get lucky and draft OJ Howard, Tye may be the odd man out. JR goes BPA on their board practically every time despite what anyone else says or expects. Most teams would be ecstatic just to have both DRC and Janoris Jenkins as CBs on their roster, tack on a first round pick CB getting less playing time than either to play behind them, BPA.
    Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 03-13-2017 at 06:30 PM.

  7. #17
    Veteran TEM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,472
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    Will Tye is completely base salary. Jerrell Adams has the benefit of being a recent draft pick with some production so far, but can be cut for cap gain as well. Rhett Ellison just signed a multi-year contract and will be on the team roster one way or another.

    If the Giants get lucky and draft OJ Howard, Tye may be the odd man out. JR goes BPA on their board practically every time despite what anyone else says or expects. Most teams would be ecstatic just to have both DRC and Janoris Jenkins as CBs on their roster, tack on a first round pick CB getting less playing time than either to play behind them, BPA.
    I would be shocked if he was still available. Personal I think it will be O line or D line or LB

  8. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,509
    Visiting Vikings on Wed.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by TEM View Post
    Why do you say this?
    Tye is 38th in salary for the Giants today . 6 rookies and 2 more FA signings that would put him at 46th still well with in the 51 rule. Would be a cap hit not much of one but a hit.
    About 100k.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by TEM View Post
    We have 4 TEs now. We don't need 4. We can cut 1 without a cap hit (Lacrosse). The others would be dead cap money and a net loss. 3 is the NFL norm. Because of that don't expect to draft one.
    Tye is not safe either. I can see them keeping an extra te considering Ellison can count as a fb. We can keep one less running back that way...

    The giants will all but certainly draft a TE. It probably won't be in the guest round but they will definitely take advantage of this deep class of talent.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts